We just did it... the ultimate Mod - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2016, 02:43 AM   #21

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Got the moho picked up today, couple of minor issues they had to deal with so we got a late start for home. Spending the night in a Wal-Mart parking lot. Be home by lunch time tomorrow and start sorting things out. It does not have the interior storage space the Coleman had! But there are a lot of other advantages to make up for that.

Aaron
My dad has a similar class C. On long trips they use the shower storage, and shower at the campsites. Not something I would do, but I guess with the limited storage, you have to find ways to compromise.

2014 Denali 289RK
2017 Nissan Titan XD Pro-4X CC.
EricNSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 04:09 AM   #22

South Carolina
Quote:
Got the moho picked up today, couple of minor issues they had to deal with so we got a late start for home. Spending the night in a Wal-Mart parking lot. Be home by lunch time tomorrow and start sorting things out. It does not have the interior storage space the Coleman had! But there are a lot of other advantages to make up for that.

Aaron
When you're at a WalMart or a rest stop, parked just for a little while, can you get to the bed? Bathroom? Fridge? without extending the slides?

MartyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:29 PM   #23
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyG View Post
When you're at a WalMart or a rest stop, parked just for a little while, can you get to the bed? Bathroom? Fridge? without extending the slides?
Yes, but we put the bedroom slide out to make getting in and out of bed easier. They are very shallow slides, only about 24" or so deep. And the bedroom one is small, it it just large enough for the head of the queen bed to fit into.

The WM parking lot was a bit on the noisy side, but worked okay. We had called ahead to one campground, but they said we had to be there before 9pm and that wasn't going to happen.

Ran the furnace on battery power overnight, then cranked the genny this morning to make coffee and heat up some breakfast in the microwave. Batteries were topped up by the time I drove the 4 hours or so home. It is plugged in behind the house and we are working on things. One thing for sure, I am going to have to get the backhoe out and level up a spot to park it. I put it where I used to keep the trailer and the auto levelers pulled the front wheels off the ground. Big difference between a 16' TT and a 30' MoHo!

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 12:50 AM   #24
Site Team

North Carolina
General Update

Spent the day pulling covers off and doing some minor tweaking (NOT TWERKING!) of things. I am suitably impressed. Coachmen did a decent job. Not too much debris in the cavities, wiring was bundled for the most part. I had to swap wires between the slide switches, I want the rear button to work the rear slide. It took a while to find the drain down valves, and the water heater bypass. Still haven't found the water pump.

Documentation is about average for the RV industry... as in there ain't much.

The sewer discharge is a serious WTF were they thinking. There are 3 gray valves two are cable operated, and a single black tank valve. Then there is some funky hose-tubing thing that is supposed to hold the stinky slinky. All that crap is going away and I am going to install a 12 volt macerater system with Barker electric dump valves.

I am loving the size of the tanks on this beast; 55 gallons of fresh water, 53 gallons of grey (two tanks?) and 28 gallons black tank. Works for me! There are tank heaters, but no line or valve heaters. Not sure what that is about. Mods on the way. Interesting to note that there is not as much interior storage as there was on the Coleman.

Aaron
Old 02-28-2016, 11:37 PM   #25

South Carolina
Quote:
Spent the day pulling covers off and doing some minor tweaking (NOT TWERKING!) of things. Mods on the way. Interesting to note that there is not as much interior storage as there was on the Coleman.
Aaron
We are envious, that Class C is a dream. The only drawback to a C that we think of is the lack of a drive-around vehicle once you get parked. But your last comment brings up another issue. The things you used to carry in your truck (tools, spare tire, jack, jumper cables, etc, now have to fit in an RV where most every cubic inch is already committed. Somehow pal, you'll figure out the best combination. I'll bet you got a surprisingly good trade in on the Coleman. The little guys are in demand at this time of year.
MartyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 01:21 AM   #26
Site Team

North Carolina
Hey Marty... ever hear of a Toad?

We have a Ford Fusion that can be flat towed if necessary. I have already looked in to what it would take. We are still sorting and storing things in the Concord. I "discovered" some storage space so that was a huge help. I have gone through the tool boxes, in reality we didn't carry too much in the truck other than extra camping equipment. We are also looking at a cargo rack for the trailer hitch for some trips. Northern Tools has one that is a cargo/bicycle rack all in one.

Aaron
Old 02-29-2016, 06:34 PM   #27

New Jersey
Wow. That's a real beauty!
High-Energy JRT (Jack Russell Terrier)
kalm_in_NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 11:45 PM   #28
Site Team

North Carolina
Got the beast out for our first "real" camping trip this past weekend. Went pretty well all things considered. We did name it... "Brühilde" from Ride of the Valkyries. It spend the entire week at the local state park. We used it Friday through Monday night, then my MIL stayed in it until Thursday. My lovely bride picked it up on Thursday afternoon and brought it home. Her first time driving it. Black tank only hit 2/3 full, grey about maxed out. Good thing there were some thirsty raccoons at the campground.

Life is GOOD!

Aaron

Old 04-05-2016, 09:27 AM   #29

Illinois
Glad you had a good time. Nice looking rig! Love the paint scheme (same as my 3990, LOL). Wondering how long it's going to take you Aaron to make all those cool modifications and really make it "yours".
Rusty
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 12:55 PM   #30
Site Team

North Carolina
Well on my way Rusty.

Just waiting on the CFO to approve the expenditures.

My bride spent ~$150 on storage containers, command strip hooks, rugs, pillows and such. I have already taken the sewer hose thingy off, installed a push bar on the screen door, moved the hanger things in the wardrobe...

Aaron
Old 04-05-2016, 03:30 PM   #31

California
Very nice Aaron. Yea it doesn't matter how well or how much RV's cost I've always found ways to improve on on any I've bought. Can't wait to see pictures on the inside Aaron hint,hint.
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 11:50 PM   #32
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
Very nice Aaron. Yea it doesn't matter how well or how much RV's cost I've always found ways to improve on on any I've bought. Can't wait to see pictures on the inside Aaron hint,hint.
I will try and get some this weekend. It is going to be a bit chilly so setting it up with the furnace and fireplace going will give me a warm place to work.

Aaron
Old 04-06-2016, 11:58 PM   #33
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
Here are a couple of teasers for you...

The one of my hound was during the last camping trip, it was in the low 50's and drizzling. I had a glass of single malt and he was laying on my feet. Life is good!

The other one was some "tile" that I put up around the stove area.

Aaron

Old 04-12-2016, 10:07 AM   #34
Site Team

North Carolina
Here a few more of the inside with the slides in and out. Don't tell my bride... she would be PO'd that I posted pictures with "stuff" in them.

Obviously the RV industry IS NOT going to be beating my door down to get me to take the shots for their brochures.

Aaron

Old 04-12-2016, 10:14 AM   #35

Illinois
Tools and dog bed; cool.
Rusty
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 03:53 PM   #36
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcv800 View Post
Tools and dog bed; cool.
Rusty
Here is the dog bed in use. It was chilly and he came in to warm up. The other one was late in the evening and I was wrapping up some work and he came in because it was past his bed time. Tools are a given, I thoroughly enjoy tinkering with things whether they need it or not.

Aaron

Old 04-12-2016, 03:57 PM   #37

British Columbia
Happy dog, happy wife, happy life!

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 11:32 PM   #38
Site Team

North Carolina
Here are a couple of the bedroom...

Aaron