Water Pressure Regulators - Do you use one? - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2014, 02:08 AM   #21

California
Oops so sorry I see u had a lot of input already. I didn't really read them all so not sure if someone mentioned the use of an in-line water strainer too. As a lot of campgrounds have lot of sediments in their water, something u don't want clogging ur water lines. Anyway, good luck :-)

HappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 02:27 AM   #22

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCampers View Post
Most TT from what I'm told comes with psi regulators. If yours does not have one amazon has great deals. If ours didn't come with one I would buy there, especially you can tell from customer reviews how well it works...or not. According to our friends that are seasoned RVers, a psi regulator is a must. They explained to me in a very basic way what might happen without one. Not so good if there are 50 RV's in the park then next day only 10, what happens to the water pressure? If u have a psi regulator hooked up u will never have to worry, other wise you may end up with busted tubing & leaks in your RV. So just to be on the safe side I would say have one. Hope this helps. Enjoy!
You heard a story that I have never heard. I have never heard of an RV the has a built in regulator, unless it is well beyond the price I would be willing to pay for a camper.

Knowing how far the RV industry seems to go to cut costs and increase profits, I doubt a water regulator would be up there on something they would install.

hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 05:26 AM   #23

California
So far the dealership we bought from gave us a regulator in our starter kit. Not built in. My bad I wasn't clear on that. I wish we could afford one with everything built in, no worries to buy anything extra or worry about that would be nice :-) I'm just finding out now that there's a lot you need to buy outside of the starter kit your given. Especially a surge protector, wow those suckers ain't cheap!
Old 07-26-2014, 10:19 AM   #24
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by hddecker View Post
You heard a story that I have never heard. I have never heard of an RV the has a built in regulator, unless it is well beyond the price I would be willing to pay for a camper.

Knowing how far the RV industry seems to go to cut costs and increase profits, I doubt a water regulator would be up there on something they would install.
I know of a very few and they are all "higher" end units (higher end being subjective).

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 05:27 PM   #25

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCampers View Post
So far the dealership we bought from gave us a regulator in our starter kit. Not built in. My bad I wasn't clear on that. I wish we could afford one with everything built in, no worries to buy anything extra or worry about that would be nice :-) I'm just finding out now that there's a lot you need to buy outside of the starter kit your given. Especially a surge protector, wow those suckers ain't cheap!
Your lucky you got a water regulator in your "free" starter kit. I got a cheap vinyl hose, use it to flush the black tank, one of them cheap 15-30A adapters (the one that melts), 2 rolls of rough as sandpaper overpriced 1 ply TP, a bottle of water treatment, couple of drop stink tank cubes, a bottle of "RV" wash and a bucket. Oh ya a bunch of coupons for $ off for overpriced RV stuff that I never use.

No water regulator though.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 06:55 PM   #26

California
Quote:
Your lucky you got a water regulator in your "free" starter kit. I got a cheap vinyl hose, use it to flush the black tank, one of them cheap 15-30A adapters (the one that melts), 2 rolls of rough as sandpaper overpriced 1 ply TP, a bottle of water treatment, couple of drop stink tank cubes, a bottle of "RV" wash and a bucket. Oh ya a bunch of coupons for $ off for overpriced RV stuff that I never use.

That sucks they didn't put one in your starter kit. I guess maybe it's different with every delearship? It's nice to have, it's not expensive either I'm surprised not all dealrs do it, it would make sense to do so, not to mention for a few bucks more they'l make their customers happy. Then again like u said with cutting down on cost.
Old 07-26-2014, 07:04 PM   #27

Tennessee
Quote:

That should have been a deal breaker....
Old 07-26-2014, 11:19 PM   #28

New York
A starter kit??? Oh I'm going back to my stealer and give em Hati for giving us nottin'
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 05:24 PM   #29

California
Oh my goodness look at the pot I stirred! Oh so sorry you guys... I guess you guys would be surprised that they threw in a 50 to 30 amp adapter the good kind too huh (so now we have 2 the one that came in the standard starter kit, & the good one from their parts department)? Hey maybe it's not too late, go get em...for free! You know what though I wheeled & dealed the sales guy like nobody's business into throwing in extra stuff for me after we haggled the price. I just simply said I can always get the trailer elsewhere... voila! Free tt stabilizer & all the other extra stuff they threw in the standard "free starter kit"... good luck!
Old 07-28-2014, 06:48 PM   #30

California
On my PDI they gave me a $75.00 gift certificate to use at their parts store for anything I needed.
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:39 PM   #31

New York
Well actually I got a lemon in the form of a Rubicon 2900!!!! So I guess the dealer did give me "something"!
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:49 AM   #32

Georgia
Water Pressure Regulator

The "RV Type" water regulators, mostly restrict volume. Pressure is usually not the problem. If you take a residential PRV, all those issues go away. I would recommend a WATTS Model #25 AUB. Install the appropriate adapters on each end, it will last as long as you have the RV. It's also adjustible.
dburkhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 01:20 AM   #33
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by dburkhead View Post
The "RV Type" water regulators, mostly restrict volume. Pressure is usually not the problem. If you take a residential PRV, all those issues go away. I would recommend a WATTS Model #25 AUB. Install the appropriate adapters on each end, it will last as long as you have the RV. It's also adjustible.
That looks a lot like the one that is in my Airstreams. I will have to check and see what brand. I do agree that they will do a better job, but they ain't cheap!

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 01:22 AM   #34

Georgia
Actually a "Watts 25 AUB" PRV, can be purchased for about $60 at most plumbing supply houses.

I have used that setup for the last 15 years on several RV's.

dburkhead is offline   Reply With Quote