Talked to Lippert about maintaining Thomas Payne furniture - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2018, 03:01 PM   #1

Tennessee
Talked to Lippert about maintaining Thomas Payne furniture

I've been a little concerned with all of the older couches falling apart so I called today to see what the "recommended maintenance is." I spoke with a very nice lady who was willing to share some info. Apparently they are in the process of coming up with a manual for the care of the vinyl sofas and chairs (that's basically every sofa and chair they sell).

Number one no-no, do NOT use any type of protectant, germ killer or spray of any kind, that automatically voids any warranty. Warm water with a SMALL amount of mild dish soap is all they recommend, a light wipe down then dried with a soft cloth.

Number two, control your humidity (i've been preaching this for ever). She couldn't give a specific number, but she said, "by far our biggest problems come from the state of Florida". Can't say i'm surprised, 70%+ humidity is only good for reptiles. She also said high heat isn't the best, but couldn't give an exact temp.

So it sounds like everything else on an RV, it's up to you to be informed and proactive in protecting your investment.

Old 08-16-2018, 03:30 PM   #2

Florida
Even though the bed has a memory foam mattress, the cushions are stuffed with fluff of some sort that doesn't sit well and smushes down, I'm going to stuff them with Memory foam. other than that, the couch is good. pretty hard to control humidity on one that is in storage in the Florida HEAT!

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:44 PM   #3

Arizona
Did you just call Frank a reptile?
Old 08-16-2018, 07:09 PM   #4

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occupant5143 View Post
Did you just call Frank a reptile?
Did I misssssss sssssomething?
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 11:51 AM   #5

Michigan
I had Lippart Thomas Payne furniture in my 2016 RV. After a total of 5 months use (2 winter periods in Florida) the theater seats were falling apart. Stitching was failing, parachute handle recline mechanism cable failed on both seats. Just not good quality or reliability. Not sure anything to do with humidity or heat, they just did not wear well.
I have now replaced them with seats from RecPro. www.recpro.com
Big improvement. More comfortable, cheaper, no stitching in wear areas. All in all a good deal, and they seem to be made by the same company in China, just a better design.
Cost
Thomas Payne Collection Heritage Camping World $1387
RecPro $899
Mat_the_bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 03:58 PM   #6

Arizona
Thomas Payne furniture comes with a 1 year limited warranty. That's it. Doesn't sound like the manufacturer is expecting any longevity from their products.

I don't know what garbage furniture is used in my 4 year old Voltage but the fabric is starting to peel and a couple of corners are starting to tear. Not like we live in the trailer and use it every day. Cheap junk that we pay way too much for.

azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote