Speaking of upgrading the Trailer....... - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-01-2019, 08:07 PM   #1

South Carolina
Speaking of upgrading the Trailer.......

I am waiting on the "war department" to peruse the internet. Then she will send me the "list" hehe

In the mean time:

Any thoughts on external construction? I like the way the smooth/fiberglass looks of course. We have that now.

But, is there an advantage to the "siding" look and construction?? Besides easier repair as in only needing to replace the damaged area. As opposed to replacing an entire section.

Thanks

Old 12-04-2019, 10:07 PM   #2

Illinois
Depends on how light a trailer you want. The Coleman we have is the "siding" style, and 7600 GVWR. It has ~2400 cargo load, but if it had a slide, that would be cut in half, or the GVWR would be higher.

We have looked at other makes/models and found the Alpha Wolf, which has Aluminum framing and fiberglass smooth panels, has a slide and is 4 feet longer, but the weight is not much more UVW than our Coleman. It is also a 7600 GVWR trailer.

I guess the easiest way is to compare similar floorplan models and look at the curb weights and GVWR. With your new truck, looks like you will be in the 7600 GVWR trailer, and there are plenty of them to choose from, but finding the lightest curb weight will help decided which one you will like the best.

acdii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 10:39 PM   #3

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdii View Post
Depends on how light a trailer you want. The Coleman we have is the "siding" style, and 7600 GVWR. It has ~2400 cargo load, but if it had a slide, that would be cut in half, or the GVWR would be higher.

We have looked at other makes/models and found the Alpha Wolf, which has Aluminum framing and fiberglass smooth panels, has a slide and is 4 feet longer, but the weight is not much more UVW than our Coleman. It is also a 7600 GVWR trailer.

I guess the easiest way is to compare similar floorplan models and look at the curb weights and GVWR. With your new truck, looks like you will be in the 7600 GVWR trailer, and there are plenty of them to choose from, but finding the lightest curb weight will help decided which one you will like the best.

Thanks for the info.