Removing stains on roof - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-19-2018, 02:47 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Sioux Falls
Posts: 129
Arkansas
Removing stains on roof

What is good for removing brown stains from tree leaves on roof 2017 Voltage rubber roof?
Thank you
Scott

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
__________________

scottxpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:01 PM   #2
Site Team
 
wahoonc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sprung Leak
Posts: 3,137
North Carolina
Do you have rubber or TPO? A mild detergent is best, avoid any petroleum based cleaners. Personally I don't worry about them.

Aaron
__________________

__________________
There is madness to my methods
2015 Coleman CM16FBS(traded) 2016 Concord 300DS
2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 01:22 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Sioux Falls
Posts: 129
Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Do you have rubber or TPO? A mild detergent is best, avoid any petroleum based cleaners. Personally I don't worry about them.

Aaron
I'm not sure how to even tell the difference in just assumed it was rubber

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
scottxpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 01:39 PM   #4
Site Team
 
wahoonc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sprung Leak
Posts: 3,137
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottxpc View Post
I'm not sure how to even tell the difference in just assumed it was rubber

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
What brand and year of RV do you have? Easiest way to find out is to pull the inner trim ring off of a vent, they usually leave some hanging down inside, if it is stretchy it is rubber (EPDM) if it has a harder plastic feel to it then it is TPO or PVC.

Aaron
__________________
There is madness to my methods
2015 Coleman CM16FBS(traded) 2016 Concord 300DS
2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 01:41 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Sioux Falls
Posts: 129
Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
What brand and year of RV do you have? Easiest way to find out is to pull the inner trim ring off of a vent, they usually leave some hanging down inside, if it is stretchy it is rubber (EPDM) if it has a harder plastic feel to it then it is TPO or PVC.

Aaron
It is a 2017 Dutchman voltage 3605 I will check under the trim ring thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
scottxpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 01:42 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Sioux Falls
Posts: 129
Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottxpc View Post
It is a 2017 Dutchman voltage 3605 I will check under the trim ring thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Just pulled trim room off in bathroom it is stretchy so rubber

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
scottxpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 01:48 PM   #7
Site Team
 
wahoonc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sprung Leak
Posts: 3,137
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottxpc View Post
Just pulled trim room off in bathroom it is stretchy so rubber

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I would try something like tide detergent mixed in warm water with a soft scrub brush.

Aaron
__________________
There is madness to my methods
2015 Coleman CM16FBS(traded) 2016 Concord 300DS
2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 02:27 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Sioux Falls
Posts: 129
Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
I would try something like tide detergent mixed in warm water with a soft scrub brush.

Aaron
Thank you will give that a shot

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
__________________

scottxpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Dutchmen RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.