Radio antenna - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2015, 07:06 PM   #1

Indiana
Radio antenna

Does anyone know if the dutchmen has an external entenna for it's stereo/radio system?

Thanks

ttfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 07:39 PM   #2
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttfo View Post
Does anyone know if the dutchmen has an external entenna for it's stereo/radio system?

Thanks
It should be hooked up to the television antenna, you have to turn the booster on for the radio to work well. The booster/amplifier is controlled by the little button on the plate where the TV is hooked up, if the LED is on the booster is on. You will want it off if you are using cabe or satellite.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 07:56 PM   #3

Indiana
Aaron,
Thanks for the quick reply. I had dish install my reciever and he disconnected the coax cables from the plate. There is only 2 wires attached to the plate. They are not coax. what type of wire is radio anttena?
Thanks
Old 07-28-2015, 09:45 PM   #4
Site Team

North Carolina
I am pretty sure that the stereo uses a coax. On my unit the stereo coax is white vs the standard black. MIght need to pull the stereo and see what is on the backside of it.

Aaron
Old 07-29-2015, 08:19 PM   #5

Indiana
Aaron,
Thanks .. There is a white coax, but the dish guy disconnected it. I think I will connect it back and then see what happens.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:03 PM   #6

Indiana
The white cable was connected to the bedroom tv. I am now convinced that they did not hook up the stereo. I will pull it out and see what's up.

Thanks
Old 07-29-2015, 11:59 PM   #7

Alabama
ttfo, I'm not sure what model Dutchmen you have, but my Voltage has two stereo systems. The DVD player/Stereo unit Under the living room TV (connected to the surround sound) uses a small wire antenna that is run from the back of the unit, and attached to a wall stud behind the entertainment system. It was accessible from behind the front bathroom cabinet. I still haven't found the antenna for the DIN sized stereo/ DVD player in the garage.

2013 Voltage 3895
2011 Ford F-350 DRW w/ Firestone airbags and heavy duty compressor, Edge Insight CTS, Curt Q24
Moogal78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 01:21 AM   #8

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogal78 View Post
ttfo, I'm not sure what model Dutchmen you have, but my Voltage has two stereo systems. The DVD player/Stereo unit Under the living room TV (connected to the surround sound) uses a small wire antenna that is run from the back of the unit, and attached to a wall stud behind the entertainment system. It was accessible from behind the front bathroom cabinet. I still haven't found the antenna for the DIN sized stereo/ DVD player in the garage.
Garage radio is attached to TV antenna (coax)

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 03:26 AM   #9

Indiana
Moogal78/eightydo,
I have a model 323rets. There is a coax connection behind the tv in the "living" area. I only have 1 stereo. The plate contains 3 coax connections and 2 wires and a Booster switch. 1 is blue and white and is attached to connector marked "Power" the other one is white and connected to "GND". The dish guy disconnected the coax wires. I did trace them out and 1 is the main tv, the other runs to the bedroom tv and the 3rd runs to an outside tv connection. So I am assuming that the stereo is not connected anywhere. I am going to pull the stereo and see what I find.

THANKS....
Old 07-30-2015, 04:47 PM   #10

Indiana
Ok, here is what I found out. I pulled the stereo and there is a antenna cable attached to the stereo that it connected to a splitter. 3 coax out of splitter all White. They all go into the wall. any idea where they go from there?
Old 07-31-2015, 04:24 AM   #11

Alabama
Well, I think our units are wired differently. The backside of my DIN stereo in the garage is hooked via HDMI to the garage TV, and hooked to the outside TV via RCA cables. Is the splitter you're describing on the backside of your Wineguard plate? I know that on my unit, a satellite receiver gets hooked up to the wall plate with the short jumper next to the Wineguard plate. Are you having a problem with TV or stereo reception? If so, I'm hoping someone familiar with your unit will chime in......

2013 Voltage 3895
2011 Ford F-350 DRW w/ Firestone airbags and heavy duty compressor, Edge Insight CTS, Curt Q24
Moogal78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 08:47 PM   #12

Indiana
thanks moogal78,
it is wired differently. just antenna out of the back of the stereo, then into a splitter then all wires into the wall.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:36 PM   #13
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
thanks moogal78,
it is wired differently. just antenna out of the back of the stereo, then into a splitter then all wires into the wall.
Is the splitter labeled? Got a picture? My guess is one lead goes (or should go) to the antenna. What type of antenna do you have? Do you have a TV plug with a booster on it?

Aaron
Old 07-31-2015, 10:36 PM   #14

Florida
Just curious, when the dish installer hooked it up, did he leave a short (maybe 12") piece of coax hooked up between two wall plates? It should be real close to your antenna amplifier switch. Both the rvs I have owned you needed that jumper hooked up if you wanted signals to go to other receivers. I remember some posted a schematic once that showed the satillite dish hooks into the bottom connector of the two plates, and you had to take it back off and put the jumper back for anything OTA.
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 10:20 PM   #15

Indiana
I traced the white coax. It looks like that is the antenna coax (white) for the entire system.

I have 1 stereo and 3 tv hookups ( living room, bedroom, outside)
The plate in the living Room has 3 coax connecters and a booster. The coax are marked "Cable", "Set-2", "antenna". there is a power and ground wire.
There are 3 coax coming out of the wall. 2 black and 1 white. I traced the white coax and it runs to a splitter behind the stereo. 3 wires on the splitter. 1 runs to living room plate(above), 1 runs to the bedroom wall plate and the 3rd runs to the outside jack.

The dish guy disconnected all coax from the plate in the living room and connected the main input coax "Cable" to his sat coax, He connect his second tv output to the white (antenna coax) and the "Set-2 coax with a splitter. No coax are connected to the living room plate.

With NO coax connected to the plate in the living room, the Booster light come on. I disconnected the white (antenna) coax from the dish and connected to the to the back of the living room plate marked "antenna". the booster light goes out. I connected the stereo antenna directly to the booster bypassing all splitters and it still goes out.

Any ideas???
Old 08-03-2015, 10:29 PM   #16

Indiana
ok...
I got it.....
Th 3 wires coming from the wall behind the living room plate is as follows:
The main coax (black)goes to the "cable" the white coax go to "Set-2" and the 3rd (black) coax go to " antenna".

So in order to get my dish to work and my stereo to have an outside antenna, I will need to:
Disconnect my stereo antenna from the splitter behind the stereo.
Run a new coax from my stereo antenna to the "set-2" port on the plate.

It should not be this difficult. Dutchman should add a "satellite" connector that bypasses the antenna.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:49 PM   #17
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
It should not be this difficult. Dutchman should add a "satellite" connector that bypasses the antenna.
But that would cut into their profit margins!

Aaron
Old 08-04-2015, 02:41 AM   #18

Indiana
Thanks to all!!!
Old 12-30-2015, 03:09 AM   #19

California
OK, just joined this forum and already need help! i cannot connect my direct TV to my trailer. the only way it works is if i do not connect my satellite to the outdoor RV coax connector and go straight to the Satellite box. the manual says to disconnect the six inch loop connected to the dual coax connector next to the power booster. that would be great accept there is no dual connector inside or outside the entire trailer..... Im thinking i just cant locate it. could really use some ideas
pradousmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 01:09 PM   #20

New York
PRADOUSMC, it always helps to list what model trailer you have...

RV Year and Model
2007 24Q-SSL

You can add it to your signature, like a lot of us have done!

I know nothing about direct tv, as we hardly watch tv while we are camping!

Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote