Protective Cover for Kodiak Ultra Lite - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2018, 02:39 AM   #1

Oregon
Protective Cover for Kodiak Ultra Lite

Have a 2017 Kodiak Ultra Lite 201QB, which I want to get a cover for. Quality is more important than cost. Unit is under cover most of the year while in storage but I will still want a cover on it to keep it from getting really dirty. Here at the house, where it will be stored during camping season (about three months), I want to mainly protect it from the sun, tree pitch, and dirt. Rain protection is low on my list because the time of year it’s not in storage is relatively rain free. Wind is generally not a problem here.

Really liked what I read about the Carver covers but their plant is currently undergoing modifications so they are close down through August. Golden comes highly recommended by the “experts” but seems to get somewhat low reviews from owners for durability. So, would like to hear your thoughts about good protective (mainly against UV damage) covers.

Note - just completed this storage spot for the trailer this past week. Wanted it off the street and not on the driveway where it blocked access to the garage so I built the retaining wall, backfilled with crushed rock, and then leveled this space next to driveway. Very pleased with the result.

Thanks,
Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6EB68D49-150E-441C-98ED-17E00161A167.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	4806   Click image for larger version

Name:	FBC00E3E-F6F6-470A-95B0-3777A3982A5A.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	4807  

Researchhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 12:16 PM   #2

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Researchhound View Post
Have a 2017 Kodiak Ultra Lite 201QB, which I want to get a cover for. Quality is more important than cost. Unit is under cover most of the year while in storage but I will still want a cover on it to keep it from getting really dirty. Here at the house, where it will be stored during camping season (about three months), I want to mainly protect it from the sun, tree pitch, and dirt. Rain protection is low on my list because the time of year it’s not in storage is relatively rain free. Wind is generally not a problem here.

Really liked what I read about the Carver covers but their plant is currently undergoing modifications so they are close down through August. Golden comes highly recommended by the “experts” but seems to get somewhat low reviews from owners for durability. So, would like to hear your thoughts about good protective (mainly against UV damage) covers.

Note - just completed this storage spot for the trailer this past week. Wanted it off the street and not on the driveway where it blocked access to the garage so I built the retaining wall, backfilled with crushed rock, and then leveled this space next to driveway. Very pleased with the result.

Thanks,
Dan
I also am contemplating a pad for my RV but mine will be there all year round... I am getting pricing on a permanent "carport" form mine - priced over 20 years I think it will be about the same as several covers, and I can keep the a/c unit on with a carport vs a cover..... (I've been told you can't use your A/C with a cover)

Red Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 12:38 PM   #3

Massachusetts
I have the 018 Kodiak 201qb that I bought in May 2017.
We absolutely love this camper... No issues at all to date.
Her is the cover I bought to cover the camper last winter.
It includes the rain gutter downspout covers, be sure to use them, to prevent the downspouts for tearing the cover.

https://www.rvcovers.com/collections...over-201-to-22
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 09:58 PM   #4

Connecticut
I have a National Cover, weights a ton but very nice.
raycfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 12:43 AM   #5

Oregon
Thanks for the feedback guys!
Researchhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 04:01 AM   #6

Colorado
Love the carport idea! Worked for a RV rental guy with crazy years in rv business. He told me to never put a cover on my trailer (except my tires) because it caused an oven effect and potentially caused interior damage. Anyone else heard that?
MamaLaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 02:03 PM   #7

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLaura View Post
Love the carport idea! Worked for a RV rental guy with crazy years in rv business. He told me to never put a cover on my trailer (except my tires) because it caused an oven effect and potentially caused interior damage. Anyone else heard that?
My old cover had vents in it, wasn't any warmer than sitting out in the sun without a cover.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:10 PM   #8

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
I have the 018 Kodiak 201qb that I bought in May 2017.
We absolutely love this camper... No issues at all to date.
Her is the cover I bought to cover the camper last winter.
It includes the rain gutter downspout covers, be sure to use them, to prevent the downspouts for tearing the cover.

https://www.rvcovers.com/collections...over-201-to-22
Shaun
What size cover did you use on your 201QB, I have the same trailer. The link you posted goes to the 15ft version.
Thank you
AETHERIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:57 PM   #9

Massachusetts
I ordered the 20' 1" - 22' fit like a glove!
There is a drop down menu in the link for different sizes.
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 06:51 PM   #10

Arizona
Cover

Thank you

AETHERIA is offline   Reply With Quote