New AT&T - DirecTV UNLIMITED DATA Plan... - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2016, 04:35 PM   #1

Wyoming
New AT&T - DirecTV UNLIMITED DATA Plan...

I don't normally post ads for companies and such... but for those of you who have DirecTV & AT&T, this is a great deal... just launched today.

If you have AT&T and DirecTV services... or switch to having both... you can get an unlimited data plan now for all of your devices!

Cost comparison for me: I was paying $125/mo for a 15GB shared data plan on my iPad & iPhone, because many times I end up using the phone as a hotspot for internet service.

With this new plan, my cost is $140/mo with unlimited voice/data/text. So now I could care less if a campground or RV park has WiFi available or not... I can get online and send/receive as many high quality photos and/or stream as much video as I want.

Here's the link to the USA Today article about it:

New AT&T 'unlimited' mobile data deal targets DirecTV crowd

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 02:18 AM   #2

Arizona
Sounds like a great deal but I still have an unlimited data plan (for the time being) with Verizon. Plus, when shopping for a Verizon Hotspot, the salesman told me about the FOXFI app so now I can use my phone as a hot spot for free.

azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:20 AM   #3
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdryheat View Post
Sounds like a great deal but I still have an unlimited data plan (for the time being) with Verizon. Plus, when shopping for a Verizon Hotspot, the salesman told me about the FOXFI app so now I can use my phone as a hot spot for free.
Don't even need the app anymore, at least I don't on Verizon. There was a court ruling here a while back that stopped them and other companies for charging extra to use your phone as a hot spot.

I have major run ins with AT&T over the years and will go without before giving them any more of my money.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 02:17 PM   #4

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Don't even need the app anymore, at least I don't on Verizon. There was a court ruling here a while back that stopped them and other companies for charging extra to use your phone as a hot spot.

I have major run ins with AT&T over the years and will go without before giving them any more of my money.

Aaron
I disagree. Where did you get your information? I just checked my phone and Verizon still wants me to subscribe and pay $30/month for the service.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:45 PM   #5
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdryheat View Post
I disagree. Where did you get your information? I just checked my phone and Verizon still wants me to subscribe and pay $30/month for the service.
What phone do you have? And what is your software date? If you have a smart phone and you pay the access fee it is supposed to be included. It may be because of your old unlimited plan. Mine is a newer plan.

I have 5 smart phones plus a company phone, as well as 3 tablets; all on Verizon and it is included in the monthly smart phone access. Yours may be a hold over from the old plan. My two phones are currently Droid Turbo. My wife uses both her iPhone and iPad as hotspots for her Macbook.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 03:56 PM   #6

Wyoming
Notice:

In re my original post above...

This morning I found out about an important "small print" item that I didn't know about. The unlimited data plan does NOT include the ability to use your phone as a Personal Hotspot (tethering)!

As such, the reason I posted the message here... the ability to get online in parks with limited or no WiFi service... doesn't apply. I'd remove the entire thread if I could. I have reported the thread to the moderators, and am hopeful they will remove it soon.

I've now switched back to my old plan. Sorry for any confusion.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 11:20 PM   #7

Arizona
This thread was useful. I now know that because I have the older unlimited data plan I don't have access to free wifi and, therefore, need to continue using FOXFI app.
Old 01-17-2016, 12:05 PM   #8

Maryland
Tom,

After some pretty pricey Verizon bills ($500 or so), I purchased an unlimited data plan off eBay for $198/month...we have used it for the last 4 months, have used as much as 500 GB one month. We opted for that, because our phone bill and this hot spot is cheaper then we were paying and we are using the crap out of the data. It is nice when we do road trips (just to see family without the RV) as we hook the Wii U to the Odyssey entertainment and stream Netflix...kids are happy, wife is happy....

Cale

TH: 2014 Voltage 3950, Sailun S637 all around
calewjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote