New 2018 Aerolite 213RBSL Leveling Question - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2018, 05:16 PM   #1
MAB

Michigan
New 2018 Aerolite 213RBSL Leveling Question

Greetings All,

I'm brand new to this forum as we just took delivery of a 2018 Aerolite 213RBSL and have a question regarding the auto leveling system in this unit. Is it sometimes common for these new units to have a factory set point which puts the nose higher than true level? When we execute auto leveling we get good side to side leveling however the nose always seems to run quite high. I assume that I'll need to go into manual mode and set my own true level but wanted to get the feedback from those that are more familiar with this system first. Thanks in advance for your help!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180616_120103.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	4774  

MAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 10:49 PM   #2

Colorado
had the same problem when our Toyhauler is new.

Dig out the instructions for the leveling system and use Google and you can learn how to re-set the "level" for the system.

Had to learn to do it. Don't have that info right at hand, but it wasn't difficult.

Pirate

Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 12:45 PM   #3
Site Team

North Carolina
I have found that the autolevel is great when it works, but it occasionally goes out of whack and needs to be reset. Sounds like what has happened in your case. I re-program my BigFoot system a couple of times a year. My wife uses the auto level, I usually do it manually.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 03:10 PM   #4

Colorado
Wahoo,

How did you "reset" the auto leveling system?

I also read on Lippert's website, that wireless remote that you can use for the slides and awnings...ooohhh...that works for the leveling system too! So I can lower the jacks to get the truck unhooked and all the jacks on the ground...and then push the Auto Level button and walk around the RV as things happen. Just kinda nice to see what's going on.

Pirate
Old 06-17-2018, 03:52 PM   #5
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
Wahoo,

How did you "reset" the auto leveling system?

I also read on Lippert's website, that wireless remote that you can use for the slides and awnings...ooohhh...that works for the leveling system too! So I can lower the jacks to get the truck unhooked and all the jacks on the ground...and then push the Auto Level button and walk around the RV as things happen. Just kinda nice to see what's going on.

Pirate
Here is the Lippert Manual on page 8 it has what they call "Zero Point Calibration". I use a couple of good spirit levels to verify I am where I want to be, then lock in the settings. Having a good solid level concrete slab to work on is a plus!

Mine is a BigFoot system, not Lippert. However there should be a "learning" mode. On mine once you enter the learning mode, you level it manually then hit a button for it to store the setting. There is some sort of level sensor involved, on my unit it is installed in one of the side compartments, it gets bumped every now and again, which probably is why it goes out of adjustment.

As a general rule; I have noticed that the automatic systems have a tendency to be a bit aggressive compared to when I do it manually.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 10:54 PM   #6
MAB

Michigan
Thanks for the response Pirate!!
Looks like I'll being doing a system reset.
Old 06-17-2018, 10:55 PM   #7
MAB

Michigan
Thanks for the help Aaron!!
Old 06-20-2018, 09:18 PM   #8

Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAB View Post
Greetings All,

I'm brand new to this forum as we just took delivery of a 2018 Aerolite 213RBSL and have a question regarding the auto leveling system in this unit. Is it sometimes common for these new units to have a factory set point which puts the nose higher than true level? When we execute auto leveling we get good side to side leveling however the nose always seems to run quite high. I assume that I'll need to go into manual mode and set my own true level but wanted to get the feedback from those that are more familiar with this system first. Thanks in advance for your help!!
I have the same model and year bought it in April spent the summer camping, spent the winter in AZ
I have had difficulties with the lippert self leveler. It seems the better and more level
the pad we park on the more problems with leveler. Downloaded the manual and became very good at using the manual override.
I could never quite find and set it to a new zero postion. BUT it appears to me that the ultra light frame fights with the heavy duty lippert leveler
Using 4 different torpedo levels. I couldn't get all of them to read level and it would twist the frame to the point of not being able to close the entry door. When I got it so the door would latch and work properly then some of my inside doors swung in all directions. I finally quit trying to get the levels exact and was happy when all inside doors would stay in position and the entry door opened and closed.
Very frustrating, just keep working with it and get to know the manual.
cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:34 PM   #9
MAB

Michigan
Thanks Cosmo for the response. Plan is to work on resetting the Zero point this weekend.
Old 06-23-2018, 03:28 AM   #10

Colorado
cosmo,

Not knowing what your trailer looks like...but I would think about getting some pieces of square tubing the same width as the frame and bolting 4ft pieces to the bottom of the frame to make it more rigid. I'd even think about bolting square tubing in as long of lengths as I could and basically reinforce the whole frame.

I'd us 1/4" wall thickness tubing. Hell for stout!!

Just a thought. Have done so on a number of different projects to properly support what others didn't.

Pirate