Mounting Ttv on outside of Camper - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-27-2019, 03:53 PM   #1

Texas
Mounting Ttv on outside of Camper

has anyone mounted a tv on the outside wall of their camper? looking to do this and was wanting to see if anyone had any tips or mounts they used? also wondering about the wall and if it is safe to mount to the wall. Thank you

mojaycoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 09:57 PM   #2

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojaycoop View Post
has anyone mounted a tv on the outside wall of their camper? looking to do this and was wanting to see if anyone had any tips or mounts they used? also wondering about the wall and if it is safe to mount to the wall. Thank you

Our trailer came with an outside mount and an outlet for power. The mount they used is like this.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N4OQ7ZW/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B01N4OQ7ZW

I bought it so that I could mount the same TV in the bedroom when not in use outside.

I don't know what it is mounted to. The interior wall is behind the kitchen sick and cabinets. So I can not help you there. Good carpenter skills will probably suffice

Good luck.
Bill

ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 11:43 PM   #3

Texas
Ok thank Bill!

Morgan
Old 01-27-2019, 11:54 PM   #4

Florida
Quote:
what kind of RV do you have? Fiberglass? Aluminum? you need to remember that the walls are only about an inch thick and there is virtually NOTHING between the layers from the inside to the outside ( I learnt this by trying to mount a tv mount inside where it says "MOUNT TV HERE").... The wall studs (LOL,LOL,LOL) are only about an inch by and inch so not much for you to hit with studs. IF I were mounting one outdoors, I would mount a 1 by to two studs then mount (bolt) the TV mount to that. My opinion! This site is full of amazingly creative folks (on occasion, I am one of them) and someone should be here directly with an absolutely creative answer for you.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 11:57 PM   #5

Texas
I have a 2014 aspen trail 2810bhs. It is aluminum. And yes one of my worries is that I won’t have anything to mount the tv to so maybe have to figure something out there
Old 01-28-2019, 11:51 AM   #6

Florida
Quote:
I have a 2014 aspen trail 2810bhs. It is aluminum. And yes one of my worries is that I won’t have anything to mount the tv to so maybe have to figure something out there
PAW International makes a bracket that will mount a TV against your RV. It looks like it is made for a relatively small TV.

Home
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 02:47 AM   #7

Oregon
When I was thinking of doing this my trailer being aluminum skinned I had a real problem trying to find wall studs where I wanted to put the TV. The refrigerator was on the other side of the wall there was just no way I could think of finding a stud. I did not want to miss the stud from the outside you just could not clean that up.

I ended up setting the TV on a small folding table near the outside 110 outlet. I ran a coax cable from inside the TV cabinet through the floor and over to where the TV sits on the table and installed a panel mount Coax outlet.

I use a portable satellite from Dish 99.9% of the time so it's satellite only. Would have been just the same to run Coax for park cable and air TV antenna.

I have the mount if I could find the studs I would install it. The TV is a 32"
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 04:38 PM   #8

South Carolina
Quote:
Ok thank Bill!

Morgan

Welcome,

I went under the sink behind the exterior wall. Not an easy fit haha.

I can see the 120 Volt AC outlet wiring and the coax tv cable. But can not see anything for the TV mount. So, they just screwed into the exterior wall and thru the insulation. I can see the screws on the outside, but not on the inside. Not sure this helps in your case being aluminum. But just an FYI.

See picture for outside view.
Top Is Mount
Middle is AC power
Bottom is Coax connector.

Have fun
Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TV mount.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	5225  
Old 02-15-2019, 12:29 PM   #9

Tennessee
Quote:
Your going to love this one........I use a suction cup that holds 70 lbs. and mount my TV anywhere I please (outside or inside), works GREAT. let me know and I will find the information for you
Best regards Stan
Stan the man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 12:34 PM   #10

Tennessee
Great idea

I listed a reply under quotes, if you can’t find it let me know. It’s about the way I mount my TV
Old 02-17-2019, 05:15 PM   #11

South Carolina
Ok, where is this Marathon Suction cup???

I want one
Old 02-17-2019, 08:46 PM   #12

Tennessee
Suction cup

This is the suction cup I use for my 30” TV
Yes a little modification is needed
There is also another already to be used on a different site BUT stupidly priced
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9D1DDC26-D20A-44A4-BF8E-A85717448D67.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	5254  
Old 02-18-2019, 04:59 AM   #13

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan the man View Post
This is the suction cup I use for my 30” TV
Yes a little modification is needed
There is also another already to be used on a different site BUT stupidly priced
Thanks.
Industrial strength I see!