Mirror backing - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2015, 09:49 PM   #1

Nevada
Mirror backing

Hi everyone:

My Wife backed into one of our mirror doors in the Bedroom and it broke, That's when we noticed it didn't have any safety backing, I would like to know if anyone else is missing the backing??

We have a 2015 Voltage V3895

RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:22 AM   #2

Alabama
Last month I tripped over a dog and fell against one of the closet mirrors, as well. Fortunately, ours has the safety backing (sorry I can't help you there) and I've used painters tape across the two cracks to minimize any more cracking. One thing I am curious about is if anyone has removed one of these mirrors, and where they got a replacement. Mine are glued/epoxied in over small bent metal tabs, and my local Lowes only has mirror ready to cut in 36"X36".

2013 Voltage 3895
2011 Ford F-350 DRW w/ Firestone airbags and heavy duty compressor, Edge Insight CTS, Curt Q24
Moogal78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:34 PM   #3

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogal78 View Post
Last month I tripped over a dog and fell against one of the closet mirrors, as well. Fortunately, ours has the safety backing (sorry I can't help you there) and I've used painters tape across the two cracks to minimize any more cracking. One thing I am curious about is if anyone has removed one of these mirrors, and where they got a replacement. Mine are glued/epoxied in over small bent metal tabs, and my local Lowes only has mirror ready to cut in 36"X36".
Those metal tabs are a different style of Glazier's points. They'll pull out of the wood after the glue/silicone is removed. A glass shop can replace the broken mirror for you.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:37 PM   #4

Nevada
Just took mine to a glass shop and the cost with backing is $35.00 Now the cost to add backing on each door is $20.00 each.
Old 02-24-2015, 12:17 AM   #5

Alabama
RVNevada, how did you get yours out? The glue is rigid (not like sealant or silicone), and I was thinking about using a sharp knife up against the edge of the wood to cut the mirror free. Also, what did you use to hold the new one in place?

2013 Voltage 3895
2011 Ford F-350 DRW w/ Firestone airbags and heavy duty compressor, Edge Insight CTS, Curt Q24
Moogal78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 12:49 AM   #6

Nevada
Moogal178
I just took the whole door off and took it to the glass shop, The way it broke, I didn't want to get cut and for only $35.00 dollars, why get cut.