Keystone taking over? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2013, 11:49 PM   #1

Indiana
Keystone taking over?

Nana & Poppy (Kathie & Leo),

I am looking for the information that you had recited on the FB thread. Obviously, great news that someone is in your corner.

I'm really getting excited if Keystone is getting involved with taking the helm of Dutchmen. I know you said something about RV News. Where would I find this information?

Any help will be appreciated.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:59 AM   #2

Delaware
This doesn't say that Keystone bought Dutchmen but rather Dutchmen is consilidating some of its manufacturing to a Keystone facility. Whatever that means. But there has also been many other headlines coming out of Dutchmen over the last few months.

Dutchmen Manufacturing Inc. | RV Business

2014 Aerolite 282DBHS

myaeroliterv.com
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:13 AM   #3

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by prm99v6 View Post
This doesn't say that Keystone bought Dutchmen but rather Dutchmen is consilidating some of its manufacturing to a Keystone facility. Whatever that means. But there has also been many other headlines coming out of Dutchmen over the last few months.

Ya. I just came upon it searching google. It was back in March. Dutchmen's own Press release (talks cheap). Nothins' really changed in the past six months. With the exception of FB Jackie.

Excitements over. Same sloppy manufacturing exists. Dutchmen's still outta their league.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:15 AM   #4

Florida
It's All Thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by prm99v6 View Post

Keystone and Dutchmen, along with Airstream and many others are all Thor companies. Sounds like they are moving to a Thor manufacturing facility.
Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:01 AM   #5

New York
Well be it what it is - I now have someone from Keystone sitting in Dutchmen offices, helping and listening to the horror story of my Rubicon!

I also found out that the parts that my dealer told me have been ordered in June, where ordered on September 13th....and after speaking with Jamie - he informed me not all the missing parts have been ordered and some of the parts my dealer ordered where wrong......

I have made arrangements with Jamie to have my toyhauler brought back to Goshen in the spring IF my dealer does not complete all the work in October......looking up!!!!
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:27 AM   #6

Florida
Say it ain't so....did our dealer fib?

Yeah, we're new to RV'n, and 'GW' is our first RV, (a 2012 CTE184 Coleman TT). Dealer said Dutchmen was a well regarded name in the marketplace. We were looking at a new Kodiak TT at that time, finally opting for 'GW' with the same interior layout and amenities but pre-owned thereby avoiding the initial hit for depreciation.

So, we've let 'GW' out just two weekends, and he's misbehaved a couple of times, 'Band-Aid' fixes SO FAR.....but do we understand that with 'GW', a Dutchmen lightweight TT, our anticipated 'happy trails' may lead to a nightmare on Elm Street?

So, Dutchmen isn't a reputable RV manufacturer? Say it ain't so!

GWBushhog is offline   Reply With Quote