Is Komfort still in buisness - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2014, 01:21 AM   #1

Is Komfort still in buisness

I have searched and can't find any threads or anywhere that anyone has even mentioned the fact that Dutchmen's website does not even mention Komfort anymore. Is the brand dead and gone? I am wondering if as a Komfort owner I will have a problem getting parts in the future if needed. I have had my Komfort for almost 3 years now and have been a satisfied customer of both my rig and the people at Komfort. Does anyone have any insight on what is going on?

garysol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:34 AM   #2
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by garysol1 View Post
I have searched and can't find any threads or anywhere that anyone has even mentioned the fact that Dutchmen's website does not even mention Komfort anymore. Is the brand dead and gone? I am wondering if as a Komfort owner I will have a problem getting parts in the future if needed. I have had my Komfort for almost 3 years now and have been a satisfied customer of both my rig and the people at Komfort. Does anyone have any insight on what is going on?

I believe Komfort is gone. However parts is parts and most of what is on your trailer is supplied by vendors that supply parts for the entire RV industry. There aren't too many proprietary parts on the RV's of today.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:40 AM   #3

Good points Aaron. I wonder if I should maybe stock up on Komfort specific items such as decals and........ maybe decals are it. I am still amazed that no one is talking about the death of a brand name with the history of Komfort.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:54 AM   #4
Site Team

North Carolina
I doubt most people even know what brand is what. I have been messing with RV's for 30+ years, through my own and with friends. Outside of the iconic Airstream very few brands are distinguishable from each other anymore. They are basically a few graphics and that is it. The manufacturers used to be primarily regional and had a strong following, but as the conglomerates took over that went away. There have been a lot of good companies that were sold or taken over and are now gone... Sunline, Avion, Glendale and Alfa are a few that come to mind. Even Coleman is little more than a licensed brand name, the only thing Coleman still manufactures is it's white gas stoves and lanterns, everything else is manufactured under license. A lot of the old names disappeared when Fleetwood went bankrupt.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:57 AM   #5

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
I doubt most people even know what brand is what. I have been messing with RV's for 30+ years, through my own and with friends. Outside of the iconic Airstream very few brands are distinguishable from each other anymore. They are basically a few graphics and that is it. The manufacturers used to be primarily regional and had a strong following, but as the conglomerates took over that went away. There have been a lot of good companies that were sold or taken over and are now gone... Sunline, Avion, Glendale and Alfa are a few that come to mind. Even Coleman is little more than a licensed brand name, the only thing Coleman still manufactures is it's white gas stoves and lanterns, everything else is manufactured under license. A lot of the old names disappeared when Fleetwood went bankrupt.

Aaron
Amazing I hadn't thought about Alfa for quite a while. Stop at Walmart today and whet do I see an Alfa and she was a nice one.

I'll second that about not being able to tell what's coming at you on the road. There's not much left that's distinctive from on brand to another.

Gary,

Like Aaron said everything is pretty much interchangeable, when it comes to camper parts.

I have even seen graphics that look the same from one to the next. I am in the process of designing my own graphics, once I get the bosses sign off it's to the 3M shop I go.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:28 PM   #6

California
Another one gone which I own is Teton. I took a factory tour in Casper where they were built. After seeing that I new I had bought the best there was. My father-inlaw has a 30 year old one & the inside wood looks as good as the day it was sold. If you are in the market for a used 5th wheel check out a Teton.
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:35 PM   #7

Delaware
I see their website although all of the models listed say dealer stock only.

2014 Aerolite 282DBHS

myaeroliterv.com
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:40 PM   #8

I received this reply from Dutchman today....

"Thank you so much for your inquiry concerning Komfort fifth wheels. We’re excited to tell you that we’re redesigning the Komfort line, which will make them even more beloved than before! We’re in the final prototyping stages with this product, and intend to introduce them (probably with a name change) in another couple of months at our fall dealer meeting. Thank you for your continued support!"