I am mad... - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2014, 03:05 PM   #1

Oklahoma
Angry I am mad...

I just purchased a 241rbsl form a dealer in Indiana.
I live in Oklahoma.
We traveled up there (1900 miles round trip) to see the TT, do a walk through and sign papers. This was about 2 weeks ago.
As I had never pulled a TT before (and it was a fast trip) we decided to get them to deliver it to us here in Oklahoma (even with this cost it was still below local - 100 miles away dealers).
They delivered the TT Friday (Oct 31) in the evening.
I gave it the once over and everything looked fine.
Sunday I was inside just checking it out when I noticed the slide (sofa) was touching the floor on one side while the other side was 2 - 2/12" higher. I contacted the dealer who had me look under the sofa (he thought a roller might have come off its track) and I took some photos.
I couldn't see any issue with a roller but the timber that holds the slide against the wall which has self tapping bolt(s?) had split and the bolt was hanging out.

After sending them the photos the dealer said I need to contact Keystone Customer Service to have it fixed.

But I feel like it is their (dealers) responsibility do get it dealt with as it happened when they had it or when being delivered by them, i.e it arrived like that, why should I be put out, deal with Keystone and have to get it fixed on my time.

deppeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:52 PM   #2

Arizona
It'll be covered under warranty. If you don't have a Dutchmen or Keystone dealer near you contact Dutchmen or Keystone to see who they might recommend to fix it. You most likely will have to tow it to the dealer.

azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:56 PM   #3

Tennessee
After all the warranty work I just went through, I would NEVER buy another RV unless the dealer was close to my house. So glad we didn't drive up to Ohio to get a "better" price on one. I have 300 miles on my RV just in dealer miles.

Good luck.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:32 PM   #4

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by deppeler View Post
...After sending them the photos the dealer said I need to contact Keystone Customer Service to have it fixed.

But I feel like it is their (dealers) responsibility do get it dealt with as it happened when they had it or when being delivered by them, i.e it arrived like that, why should I be put out, deal with Keystone and have to get it fixed on my time.
I feel for you, and I know this isn't what you want to hear... but the problem is you ACCEPTED delivery. During that process, I'm sure you probably signed a statement taking delivery of the unit which stated it was as promised (or words to that effect), and at that point, the dealer's hands are washed. All repair work afterward falls under the provisions of the warranty.

This is why it's been stated time & time again on the pages of this forum to make sure you do a thorough walkthrough on delivery... regardless if at the lot or not.

Good luck with your claim... keep us updated on your progress.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 03:12 PM   #5

California
If it was me I would just repair it myself. I know you shouldn't have to but I know it wouldn't be down that long. Plus I know I would use better wood then the repair site would.
Just my $.02
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote