***Help Voltage Lemon*** - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2017, 06:17 PM   #1

Arizona
***Help Voltage Lemon***

Hello All,
I have a 2015 Voltage 3895 I took delivery in October of 2015. And let me say what a mistake that was. I will not get into all the problems that I have had but let me say it's over 40 pages of work orders from Camping World in Avondale, Az. In the close to 550 days I have made payments it has been at the shop for over 350 days. This thing has just been a nightmare. A lot has to do with the manufacture just building junk and some has to do with Camping World with there head up there ass. Oh and by the way do not buy and aftermarket warranty from Camping World, they have already denied 3 things already, and I'm only 6 months into a 7 year warranty.

So what I'm looking for is a good lawyer that would take on a case to see what he or she could do in a case like I have.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bigslick1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 11:22 PM   #2

They are all poorly put together and my guess is most are drunk.. Quality control is non existant. Other than that its the best money can buy

Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:53 AM   #3

Arizona
2017 3805 had it for two months and have only had it home for 11 days the rest of the time it's been in the shop and they are only 50% done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tailgater269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 12:33 PM   #4

Pennsylvania
Howdy,

Been there too. Same thing, Keystone and Camping World, a troublesome combination. We actually found a lawyer here in our home town in PA that worked for the RV industry in Indiana, now in private practice. Here’s how it went for us, although it may be different in your state.

As long as the manufacturer and dealer were “willing to fix the problems” we had no grounds for legal action. Problem being, as with yours, ours came with more major issues than average and camping world’s service department reminded me of a bunch of monkeys %^$ing a football. They actually caused more problems than they fixed in the final analysis.

The warranty expired and there were still many outstanding issues on the table, all of them pointed out in the first three months of ownership. I did manage to get some expensive parts replaced and the bedroom slide fixed in the second year.

Here’s what I did after consulting with the lawyer and figuring out what I was dealing with…

• Contacted Keystone and had a file opened for the issues pending. Stayed in contact for every service visit and every parts order from the dealer. This too proved challenging, for example, six calls to get resolution on the $500.00 speaker upgrade that didn’t have a sub-woofer. I still wonder if they are that stupid or were just stonewalling.

• Contacted Camping World’s customer service department on RV.net and filed a complaint. This of course didn’t provide skills to the technicians, but did get the general manager’s attention which got my tires replaced and upgraded after their attempt to fix the suspension issues.

• In every conversation with the dealer and Keystone, I emphasized the question “are you willing to fix these problems?” I was hoping to catch them, but never happened.

• I had to become the liaison between the two. Camping world would call to bring it in, Parts are in. I’d pick it up three weeks later, sorry the parts were not here. One day the DW and I went to the dealer to inquire if the broken recliner section and damaged tabletop, etc. were ordered (9 months into ownership, and several service visits later). Oops sorry, they were not ordered yet. I explained we were not leaving the premises voluntarily until they were ordered. In exactly one hour we received a copy of the P/O. Went home, called Keystone to confirm the order.

It became a matter of choosing one’s battles for me. I paid to have the suspension repaired correctly at a spring & axle shop after their attempt, I believe this problem is an engineering issue, but that's yet another story entirely. I leaned hard on them for repairs that required extensive labor or expensive parts. I had to repair what I could myself, thankfully I’m able to do so, (electrical and plumbing screw-ups, replacing the A/C fan, A/C controls, reattaching the interior trim that kept falling off around the slide out, interior structural issues, a list I suspect was much like yours. Our microwave almost fell out because there was no wood behind the mount screws).

We’re finally in a good place and are using and enjoying it. I put in many days and a small pile of money to get things done, and still find little things to correct. This is our seventh new RV so we expected to have some issues, but nothing like what we got. It’s a shame, but that’s the way it goes I suppose.

2015 Voltage 3305, Gone for Good !
2014 Ram 3500 dually, Aisin, Gone but not Forgotten.
2018 Winnebago Sunstar 32YE
thompwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:39 PM   #5

Nevada
Guys, I have been lucky with my 2015 Voltage 3895, nothing big so far, I do most of the small repairs, but I can do all the repairs, I wasn't lucky with a 2014 Fuzion that we had, I replaced a lot of things after Warr. went off, door to the garage coming open every move, outside cabinet door to storage area, coming open while traveling, chairs etc. falling out on the freeway.....chairs broken after one use, water leaks, tears in roof, frame not straight, wearing the tires, can't think of all the things that went wrong, Dealer was No help and Keystone, was as bad, They did do somethings, after I called them every week, then every other day...I think they just wanted to get me out of there hair....Just keep calling until they get something done...
2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:10 PM   #6

Nevada
Same here issues typical with most rv's If you have to take it on for every repair wow. My last rv was manufactured by forest river. 14 months in the frame had cracks. Made a claim on my FR warranty and they turned it over to lippert. They told me I overloaded trailer not covered...what??? Went back to FR told them if my Cummins powered ram broke
My ram dealer doesn't send me to cummins. That didn't work. Finally had frame repaired wasn't all that expensive. We are all slaves to insurance and warranties you find how worthless they can be when you need them. Not sure I would buy another extended warranty

Soccerloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 01:30 AM   #7
Site Team

North Carolina
Warranties are written by lawyers to protect the manufacturer NOT the consumer. Extended warranties are written by lawyers to make money.

Do your due diligence!

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 01:32 AM   #8

Nevada
So right....the same with insurance written by lawyers and the government run by mainly attorneys. Yikes

Soccerloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 01:41 AM   #9

Virginia
I got to say my 2012 Voltage has been without any warranty or factory related problems. I've caused a few things that I had to repair but otherwise in 5 years no issues and I'm still satisfied.

Granted, there are a few dumb factory design ideas that I have changed, but nothing that would involve a return for repair, and for sure no legal action.
DR Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 08:49 PM   #10

Arizona
All states have lemon law statutes. I had a Fleetwood pusher in Ohio years ago and it was in more than 3 times for the same repair and out of service more than 30 days.

350 days out of service? Why did nobody recommend lemon law? When I wrote my strongly worded letter to Fleetwood with attached documentation, it was all rear ends and elbows to get it fixed......

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
radomcarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 12:43 AM   #11
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by radomcarl View Post
All states have lemon law statutes. I had a Fleetwood pusher in Ohio years ago and it was in more than 3 times for the same repair and out of service more than 30 days.

350 days out of service? Why did nobody recommend lemon law? When I wrote my strongly worded letter to Fleetwood with attached documentation, it was all rear ends and elbows to get it fixed......

And the law varies greatly from state to state. Some states have are geared more towards owners than others. There is also a federal RV Lemon Law, but the bar is set pretty high for getting anything done. The RV manufacturers have a much stronger lobby than the owners.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:12 AM   #12

Arizona
Aaron, agree. Ohio was favorable towards the consumer, perhaps because it was so close to Indiana. Lol. However cases brought for warranty claims not being fulfilled under the Federal Magnusen Moss act are weighed by the courts for merit. If the documentation is in order and loss of use really is 350 out of 550 days of ownership and this doesn't qualify, what the heck does? You cannot take this to the AZ state courts since they do not protect RV owners at all. You need a District Court.

radomcarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:11 AM   #13

lemon laws only apply, in most states, to motor vehicles. Sadly towed RV;s are not included. The reason I say most states there could be a state that has changed its laws to include towed vehicles.

Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote