Good Sam - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2014, 10:45 PM   #1

Colorado
Good Sam

So I bought some stuff at Camping World and signed up for their reward program and now I am getting one envelope a week from Good Sam. RV towing blah blah blah. I have AAA RV rider. I have read not good things about this Good Sam. Should I just bin it all?

Old 09-25-2014, 10:57 PM   #2

California
Worth keeping for the sale items at Camping World & the 10% discount at Good Sam parks. I just trash the adds & check the Camping World stuff to check if that any real deals.

2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:00 AM   #3

South Carolina
Our dealer gave us a GS Roadside Assistance Program, even though we had AAA. On our first trip, in rural GA, I ran out of gas and called GSRA. They came right away. Since then, knowing that they work well, it came time to renew my AAA. GSRA is far and away a better deal. We dropped AAA.
Another good deal is the SUPERIOR travel planner on their website. An ordinary travel planner of sorts, with stops, re-routes, mileage and gas calcs, just like Google or MapQuest. However, the big difference to us is to be able to "turn on" the locations of Good Sam, Private, and Public campgrounds. Each has a link to that site's own website, if they have one. You can save multiple trips. We use that a lot.
MartyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:58 AM   #4

Arizona
This is not scientific in the slightest but, from my experiences on various forums, it appears that GSRA is on par with AAA as there are just as many pro's are there are con's. Pick one and take your chances.
azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 02:12 AM   #5

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdryheat View Post
This is not scientific in the slightest but, from my experiences on various forums, it appears that GSRA is on par with AAA as there are just as many pro's are there are con's. Pick one and take your chances.
+1

2014 Denali 289RK
2017 Nissan Titan XD Pro-4X CC.
EricNSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:56 PM   #6

Arizona
I agree with MartyG and azdryheat we have great success with the GS trip planner as well as enjoyed the benefits of GS membership at Camping World and rv parks. We too were given an enrollment in GS roadside even though we have AAA. Fortunately, we haven't had to use it yet. AAA has served us well both on the road in the lower 48 and in Alaska so our standard is set pretty high.

2014 Voltage 3950 epic
Dodge 3500 cummins, edge juice with attitude
Can AM Commander XT1000
havasujim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 02:02 PM   #7

Michigan
hello,4wheel here.we have had good sam roadside service and will not travel without it.we had a 1 ton crewcab 4x4 chevy with our 24' 5th wheel break down in texas.we called the number on our card and within 35 minutes there was a tow truck at our truck.we were towed 22miles to a chevy dealer.the tow truck driver shook my hand and wished us good luck.I can't even think what this tow would have cost us.well worth the yearly fee of 79.99.just my 2cents worth.
2east10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 03:52 PM   #8

Maryland
We had just returned from a camping trip and I was washing our previous tow vehicle when it failed to start. Called GSRA and they were there within 45 minutes. I was under 5 miles from my home. They towed the vehicle to the dealership and dropped it off. The driver was very friendly. Turned out the rotor inside distributor cap had broken...

2011 Chevy Suburban 2500 4x4
2015 Kodiak 300BHLS
mjcarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 06:05 PM   #9

Maryland
We have the GSRA Platinum Plus. I have used them for the RV and for my regular vehicle. Over the 6 times we have used them over the last three years, I have zero complaints.

I threw a rod in an old Dodge while pulling an older TT, they scheduled camp site at a nearby park, they sent two tow trucks out to tow everything to the park and they setup for me. Then I was instructed to call back the next day to have my truck towed to a repair facility....none out of pocket.

They have come out a few times because the dog kept locking the doors when I would get out with the truck running.

I have even had a slide repaired on site (last 4th of July weekend in San Francisco).

No complaints here. My neighbors dropped CoachNet not too long ago because of some disagreement. I am sure they all have their ups and downs.

Cale

TH: 2014 Voltage 3950, Sailun S637 all around
calewjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote