Good news about Lionshead warranty service - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2014, 03:44 PM   #1

Oklahoma
Good news about Lionshead warranty service

In particular for Tanman,,,,,,,,,,,

I have been having a low air pressure issue on one of my six tires since I took delivery from the dealer for my 3800 in February of last year.

Long story short, two very small pins holes were found in the HWT Hi Spec wheel. I notified Lionshead and the warranty person sent me a warranty claim. I filled it out and included the requested photos of the wheel. I returned the warranty claim on the 11th of December and waited until yesterday to call to check on the status.

I was afraid I would run into the same 'blow off' from the warranty person that Tanman had experienced with his claim with Lionshead. To my surprise, Belinda, the warranty clerk was in the office and answered the phone.

Basically she told me the wheel had been discontinued but that she would make some calls and get back to me. Here we go I thought as the day passed and business had closed for the day yesterday.

However, just this morning she called and said the claim had been honored and that she had found a replacement wheel and that it would be sent out this coming Friday. A return call slip would be attached to send the defective wheel back to Lionshead or the wheel manufacture.

All in all a good experience with Lionshead and the manufacture. It's rare that we are able to give kudos to anything remotely connected to our rolling money bandits so I feel confident that justice was served.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:40 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
In particular for Tanman,,,,,,,,,,,

I have been having a low air pressure issue on one of my six tires since I took delivery from the dealer for my 3800 in February of last year.

Long story short, two very small pins holes were found in the HWT Hi Spec wheel. I notified Lionshead and the warranty person sent me a warranty claim. I filled it out and included the requested photos of the wheel. I returned the warranty claim on the 11th of December and waited until yesterday to call to check on the status.

I was afraid I would run into the same 'blow off' from the warranty person that Tanman had experienced with his claim with Lionshead. To my surprise, Belinda, the warranty clerk was in the office and answered the phone.

Basically she told me the wheel had been discontinued but that she would make some calls and get back to me. Here we go I thought as the day passed and business had closed for the day yesterday.

However, just this morning she called and said the claim had been honored and that she had found a replacement wheel and that it would be sent out this coming Friday. A return call slip would be attached to send the defective wheel back to Lionshead or the wheel manufacture.

All in all a good experience with Lionshead and the manufacture. It's rare that we are able to give kudos to anything remotely connected to our rolling money bandits so I feel confident that justice was served.
I am happy all worked out well for you. In all my dealings I never could get brenda to return a call. I found out I could catch her about 800 to 830 in the mornings when she was drinking coffee and shoveling in donuts., after that the old "im on the other line " bs. Anyway brenda shoved me off to the manufacturer of the tires whom I am dealing with now. so far it has been a pleasant experience. I dont know if they will do anything or pay a dime yet only time will tell. It has been better than lionshead.
All I can say is this has been one major headache and I have 4 crappy tires cluttering my yard for going on 6 months now trying to settle this dispute. I will follow up when this fiasco ends.
On a sidebar note my Maxxis have performed very well since replacing the Akuret china bombs.

Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:14 AM   #3

Oklahoma
The new wheel came today just as Lionshead promised.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote