First trip scheduled! - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-04-2017, 10:09 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Delaware
Posts: 222
Ohio
First trip scheduled!

The inaugural trip for my new TT has been scheduled for this weekend! This will be the "what did I forget to stock" trip (yes, I have a can opener!)

I'll be at a campground very close to home (and a Walmart) with full hook ups, so I can dewinterize the unit and do the other chores that haven't been done since purchase because it's been too cold (highs in the mid-50s are forecasted, spring has sprung!) And with lows in the mid 30's I'll have a chance to to test the furnace while it's still under warranty.

Wish me luck! (I'm just a little excited)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
__________________

__________________
2017 CTS16FB
2019 Nissan NV
PamW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:28 PM   #2
Site Team
 
wahoonc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sprung Leak
Posts: 3,138
North Carolina
Good luck! Make sure to have the vents and windows open when you crank the furnace up for the first time. I would hope that the dealer burnt off the oil and paint residue for you, but it can still raise a stink and set off the smoke alarm for a few go arounds.

We are heading out this weekend for a weeks worth of camping at a couple of state parks near the house. Gonna be great!

Aaron
__________________

__________________
There is madness to my methods
2015 Coleman CM16FBS(traded) 2016 Concord 300DS
2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:44 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Delaware
Posts: 222
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Good luck! Make sure to have the vents and windows open when you crank the furnace up for the first time. I would hope that the dealer burnt off the oil and paint residue for you, but it can still raise a stink and set off the smoke alarm for a few go arounds.

We are heading out this weekend for a weeks worth of camping at a couple of state parks near the house. Gonna be great!

Aaron
Thanks for the reminder about burn off, I bought it from Camping World so I'm certain it's never been on!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
__________________
2017 CTS16FB
2019 Nissan NV
PamW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:59 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
DesertRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Desert Hot Springs
Posts: 1,760
California
Lets see been RVing for 32+ years & still go out & forget things. Lets see how about leaving the power cord at home or the water hose just to name a few.
That wasn't on the same outing though.
__________________
Mike
2002 42' Monaco Signature Triple Crown tow 2014 F-150
2014 Voltage V3605 Sold 5/3/17
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 11:53 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
wildwest450's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Sparta
Posts: 1,710
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
Lets see been RVing for 32+ years & still go out & forget things. Lets see how about leaving the power cord at home or the water hose just to name a few.
That wasn't on the same outing though.
Rookie, who doesn't have 2 power cords?
__________________
2014 Aerolite 213 RBSL
2016 Chevrolet Colorado
wildwest450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:03 AM   #6
Site Team
 
wahoonc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sprung Leak
Posts: 3,138
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawniewest View Post
Rookie, who doesn't have 2 power cords?
My main one is securely attached, the spare is in a bin. AND I have a replacement plug!

Aaron
__________________
There is madness to my methods
2015 Coleman CM16FBS(traded) 2016 Concord 300DS
2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:53 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
BarryD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Hopkinsville
Posts: 203
Kentucky
Have fun and enjoy your first trip.
__________________
USMC
2017 Dutchmen Aerolite 284BHSL
2017 Ford F250 6.7L
BarryD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:11 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Delaware
Posts: 222
Ohio
Thank all ...

I've got the power cord, and the water and sewer hoses ... so there's at least that! Now, if mother nature would cooperate and stay warm enough that it doesn't snow ... that would be great! (Forecast changed for the colder )
PamW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:32 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
DesertRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Desert Hot Springs
Posts: 1,760
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawniewest View Post
Rookie, who doesn't have 2 power cords?
I have two now. Bought the second one at CW in Henderson Nv. It was 110+ and a I had left the main 50 amp cord at home. They only had one 30 amp cord that had the correct connections.
__________________
Mike
2002 42' Monaco Signature Triple Crown tow 2014 F-150
2014 Voltage V3605 Sold 5/3/17
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 05:49 PM   #10
Site Team
 
wahoonc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sprung Leak
Posts: 3,138
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamW View Post
Thank all ...

I've got the power cord, and the water and sewer hoses ... so there's at least that! Now, if mother nature would cooperate and stay warm enough that it doesn't snow ... that would be great! (Forecast changed for the colder )
Ah well... Weather will be provided!

I used to tell my Cub Scouts that! In all my years of camping I think I only canceled one trip due to an ice storm rolling in the night before a canoe trip.

Aaron
__________________
There is madness to my methods
2015 Coleman CM16FBS(traded) 2016 Concord 300DS
2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 05:57 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Delaware
Posts: 222
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Ah well... Weather will be provided!

I used to tell my Cub Scouts that! In all my years of camping I think I only canceled one trip due to an ice storm rolling in the night before a canoe trip.

Aaron
That's what warm wet suits are for!

I've already paid for my spot ... whatever the weather, I'll be out in it!
PamW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:03 AM   #12
Member
 
Pinshootr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Midland
Posts: 19
Michigan
you mean 4 right? Power cords that is!!
Pinshootr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 01:05 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Hermitage
Posts: 105
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamW View Post
The inaugural trip for my new TT has been scheduled for this weekend! This will be the "what did I forget to stock" trip (yes, I have a can opener!)

I'll be at a campground very close to home (and a Walmart) with full hook ups, so I can dewinterize the unit and do the other chores that haven't been done since purchase because it's been too cold (highs in the mid-50s are forecasted, spring has sprung!) And with lows in the mid 30's I'll have a chance to to test the furnace while it's still under warranty.

Wish me luck! (I'm just a little excited)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk


Have a great time
What unit did you purchase?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stan the man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:51 AM   #14
Site Team
 
wahoonc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sprung Leak
Posts: 3,138
North Carolina
How are you making out? We are at the lake this weekend and it got C-O-L-D last night. Of course 40 is too cold for this old southern boy.

Aaron

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
__________________
There is madness to my methods
2015 Coleman CM16FBS(traded) 2016 Concord 300DS
2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 01:38 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Delaware
Posts: 222
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
How are you making out? We are at the lake this weekend and it got C-O-L-D last night. Of course 40 is too cold for this old southern boy.

Aaron

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Doing great! A couple of newbie hiccups, but only one thing hasn't worked right.

Furnace works well. Came on without a hitch. Which is good as it was 30 when I got up.

Bed is H A R D. But I knew that. I have a memory foam topper that I haven't put on yet (it's here with us and is one of the next chores).

Fridge gave me fits. But now I know that the standard "on/off" symbol is actually an "off" symbol all will be well in the future.

Had trouble with the water heater this morning. But that was me expecting a 'whoosh' when lighting the pilot. Instead it's the tiniest of flames. But, boy does it get hot!

Everybody is right about the shower head. Flow sucks, and and I'm hooked up to a spigot with decent pressure.

Managed to cooked a nice breakfast of bacon and eggs this morning.

My only failure is the power jack. I know now that the crank isn't hard to operate, but durn it I want power! I need to check the connection at the battery to make sure I reconnected it right yesterday. The fuse looked OK. After that I will contact the dealer that installed it.

Staying another night tonight!



Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
__________________
2017 CTS16FB
2019 Nissan NV
PamW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 01:42 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Delaware
Posts: 222
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan the man View Post
Have a great time
What unit did you purchase?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coleman CTS16FB.

Mods have been minor so far.
Power jack.
New shower curtain (fabric)
Added rod and shower organizer in shower.
Replaced standard table with a lighter/easier to handle table.
And, soon, a mattress topper on the bed.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
__________________
2017 CTS16FB
2019 Nissan NV
PamW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 04:37 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
snakebitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Alvin
Posts: 728
Texas
Sounds like you'll go from newbie to expert by your second day!

And yea, finding the right showerhead, combined with that awesome HOT water, results in a much better bathing experience.



When you can stay warm when it's cold (furnace), keep groceries fresh (fridge), cook eggs n bacon (kitchen appliances), AND enjoy a real shower......well, you can still "call" it camping. But it's living!



Ain't modern life grand!?
__________________
2017 Aerolite 213 RBSL-ND
2018 Wolf Pup 17RP Limited (Tiny THauler)
2018 F150 King Ranch 3.5 Beast
2003 Ram 2500 Cummins (can't kill this beast)
snakebitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:50 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Delaware
Posts: 222
Ohio
Power jack fixed, user error (I wired it backwards on the battery).

Found water near the head of the bed yesterday. 6 suspect it's condensation from cold weather outside and heat inside and not a major leak, but Camping World is still going to take care of it somehow (more insulation?) I get to pull my camper to work Monday and take it to the dealer at lunch since they work "standard" hours (as do I).

I also found that I can see through to the ground through a spot in the insulation where the water heater lines come inside. Not only is that a bad temperature thing but it's also a perfect highway for insects and rodents!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
__________________
2017 CTS16FB
2019 Nissan NV
PamW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 02:51 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
wildwest450's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Sparta
Posts: 1,710
Tennessee
I run a dehumidifier in my camper non-stop, the humidity down here is always high. Also the amount of moisture a human body puts out in a day is considerable. Combine that with being in a small somewhat sealed space can cause condensation problems.
__________________
2014 Aerolite 213 RBSL
2016 Chevrolet Colorado
wildwest450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 03:18 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Delaware
Posts: 222
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawniewest View Post
I run a dehumidifier in my camper non-stop, the humidity down here is always high. Also the amount of moisture a human body puts out in a day is considerable. Combine that with being in a small somewhat sealed space can cause condensation problems.
That's a great idea. The water was just at the head of the bed, beside the mattress. I only noticed it when I took the mattress off of the bed (which I only did to use the bed frame as a template with which to cut my new mattress pad down).

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
__________________

__________________
2017 CTS16FB
2019 Nissan NV
PamW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Dutchmen RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×