Exterior stove won't work - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2014, 05:01 PM   #1

New Mexico
Exterior stove won't work

I have a 2013 Kodiak 284BHSL. The exterior stove has never been used. I tried using it last weekend and could not get it to light. I could not hear or smell any gas. I could not find a valve to turn on to allow propane to get to the stove either, if there even is one? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NMelkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:20 PM   #2

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMelkman View Post
I have a 2013 Kodiak 284BHSL. The exterior stove has never been used. I tried using it last weekend and could not get it to light. I could not hear or smell any gas. I could not find a valve to turn on to allow propane to get to the stove either, if there even is one? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
One of two things come to mind, there is a valve up in the belly pan that is not turned on or they didn't connect it at the factory.

hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:53 AM   #3

Saskatchewan
Hmmmm.... I have no problems like that with our 2012. When you connect the hose to the trailer, are you locking it in with the little locking lever after it snaps into the connection? That's what lets the gas thru...

Dave.
2012 Ford F150 XLT EB SS CRW 6.5 Max Tow
'12 Dutchmen Kodiak 284BHSL
knesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:36 PM   #4

New Mexico
Thanks for the responses.
Dave, I'm referring to the outside stove that is built in to the camper, from what I can see the hose runs from the stove all the way to the front of trailer where the propane tanks are. Are you talking about the exterior connection that allows you to hook up to a grill or light etc..?

Maybe there is a valve I'm not seeing or something got in the line that is restricting the flow. I think I can access the back of the stove by going under the bunk beds. I'll post when I figure out the issue, probably something simple.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:55 AM   #5

Indiana
On our outside stove it is not permanently connected to the gas line. We have to pull the stove out of the drawer and connect the hose from the stove to the gas outlet under the trailer before it will work. Something about the rubber line leaking in the closed space is what the PDI guy told us. I bet yours is the same way. Feel around behind the stove in the back and I think you will find a flexible line with a quick disconnect fitting on it.

2013 Denali 311 bhs pos
Love the trailer, hate the dealer and manufacturer.
memgrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:06 PM   #6

Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by memgrove View Post
On our outside stove it is not permanently connected to the gas line. We have to pull the stove out of the drawer and connect the hose from the stove to the gas outlet under the trailer before it will work. Something about the rubber line leaking in the closed space is what the PDI guy told us. I bet yours is the same way. Feel around behind the stove in the back and I think you will find a flexible line with a quick disconnect fitting on it.
Yeah, this is what I meant. Our hose has to be connected to the outlet under the trailer when the stove is pulled out.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:52 PM   #7

New Mexico
Thanks, that was the issue. My wife was able to get her hand back under the drawer and grab the hose. Once attached the stove worked great!
Old 07-24-2014, 03:01 AM   #8

Saskatchewan
Glad to hear it was that simple. Happy cooking!

Dave.