Dutchmen Owners Rally - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2013, 07:33 PM   #21

Michigan
Aw ------ who would want to go camping in Wisconsin? Oh! I guess that would be us! We have a week long event in the U. P. of Michigan end of July and thought we would take the grandkids for a week down thru Wisconsin. Right now just have the Del's area on our wish list. I don't want to highjack the thread as this rally sounds really neat and in a great place and I hope it's a great turnout, but any place else in Wisconsin we should add?

Aaron & Laura

Two Harleys
Aronious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:28 AM   #22

Saskatchewan
One place I would avoid, and do, is anything within 20 miles of the Dells. Except for Devils Lake State Park. Unless you like lots of people, the Dells is not for you. But it is very scenic over that way along the Wisconsin River and all the bluffs. The east side along Lake Michigan is a nice trip too until you get down around metro Milwaukee. We like Point Beach State Park, Kohler-Andrea State Park and Harrington Beach State Park, all on Lake Michigan between Green Bay and Milwaukee. Really nice beaches too. Or head up into Door County (and go north of Sturgeon Bay) and check out Penninsula State Park in Fish Creek on the bay side or Baileys Grove Campground in Baileys Harbor on the lake side. Just a few of my favorites... Baileys Grove would be a good place for a rally... :-)

2012 Ford F150 XLT EB SS CRW 6.5 Max Tow
'12 Dutchmen Kodiak 284BHSL
knesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:42 AM   #23

Michigan
Thanks Dave - Looks like good advice. We were going to stop in the Dell's a couple of years ago when we pulled back from this event and decided to pull around the other side of the pond on the way home. Went thru the Dells on a Sunday afternoon and kept going. Thought the grandkids might like a day there thou.

Will do some research on those suggestions and put together a new route before the trip.

Thanks Bunches for the advice!!!
Two Harleys
Old 03-19-2013, 04:58 PM   #24

Michigan
gonervn

Hey!! Just got notified, the other event is not a conflict, better yet, the little woman said and I quote,"Sounds like Fun!!" Will see if I can get reservations there if my reputation hasn't proceeded me.

Doo'n a dance here!!!

Two Harleys