Dutchmen does not keep paint codes - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2013, 10:50 PM   #1

Indiana
Dutchmen does not keep paint codes

I was just notified, by email, that the four colors used on our coach were not documented by Dutchmen. I call that ignorance.
They have informed me that I have to go through colors chips at a paint and body shop. As if this unit was some 1940's something.
As you can see this unit is a 2012. I owned a 2005 K-Z 5er previous to this one and they had a line card off my Vin number for every item on it. I was able to order cabinet doors, stripe kit, and door hardware, etc.
I went to find out what my counter top was made of several months ago and the Dutchmen people didn't know, Duh.
Apparently, Dutchmen doesn't have a clue once it puts it together and sends it out the door. It's like the camper is food. Someones going to eat it and it goes away. Did the CEO from Dutchmen come from the Super Market field?
Apparently, they don't worry about what they place on or in these units. At least it doesn't concern them after its built.
They only have four different color schemes. It's not all that hard to keep the number codes of the paint used.
I really have some very harsh words for the Dutchmen management.
I hope that whomever was there when my unit was manufactured is no longer there. I hope that they have gone back to being employed at the super market .

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:15 AM   #2

New Mexico
Sorry to hear that, recently I called the warranty hotline and asked if my trailer was equipped with linc remote system as it came with the instructions for it but no remote. They told me to go to camping world and that they could pull up my build sheet with the VIN. What a joke, they should have just pulled it up for me and sent it via email.

72mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:26 AM   #3

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72mach View Post
Sorry to hear that, recently I called the warranty hotline and asked if my trailer was equipped with linc remote system as it came with the instructions for it but no remote. They told me to go to camping world and that they could pull up my build sheet with the VIN. What a joke, they should have just pulled it up for me and sent it via email.
Do you believe that Camping World has a build sheet for your unit?

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Old 03-26-2013, 12:42 AM   #4

New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinityrver View Post
Do you believe that Camping World has a build sheet for your unit?
Actually I don't but they are supposed to be the warranty facility nearest to us in Vegas. I drove by there the other day and spoke to the service agent, he said that was true (about service) however he wasn't sure of the process and said if it was items such like the appliances he could do it as he would deal with Dometic, Norwood or Suburban directly vs. Dutchmen and for coach items he referred me to the other CW on the other side of town and they could figure it out with the district CW rep. I asked about the printout and he said yes but had no idea how so its probably not true. I just don't understand why Dutchmen cannot provide it.
72mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:10 AM   #5

Indiana
Right!

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL