Dutchmen customer service - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2013, 05:11 PM   #1

West Virginia
Dutchmen customer service

Hello.

We've had our 2012 Dutchmen 276RBS for almost a year now, and several great memories have been made already.

However, everything has turned into a nightmare. Our fiberglass started to delaminate on the slideout. We took the trailer to the dealer in mid-November, and we are still waiting for resolution. The communication between the company, dealer, and myself has been terrible. Actually, Dutchmen and the dealer will not return my calls when they say they will. For some reason, every time I call Dutchmen, the customer service rep. has no idea what is going on with my case, and usually ends the conversation with "I will have to call you back", which they never do. As of my last update, the parts are at the factory (since January 23), and the company and dealer can't seem to figure out how to get them shipped.

So, I originally dropped my trailer off in November, and over three months later, I am still waiting for the parts to be shipped. I don't care at this point who dropped the ball (of course each side blames the other)...I just want my trailer back because camping season is right around the corner.

Ok...rant over..lol. It just hasn't been a good experience at all with Dutchmen in getting my warranty work completed. I hope noone else has to ever endure this.

wvdmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:28 PM   #2

Saskatchewan
Im in Harpers Ferry WV, and my unit is there now being re-worked tell them to put it in the toyhauler of mine when they ship mine back!

lkhbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:17 PM   #3

West Virginia
Well, I see we have another RV.NET poster here. So tell me, did you have to deliver your unit to the factory yourself?

BTW...We love the Harpers Ferry area...beautiful area there!
Old 02-17-2013, 05:40 PM   #4

California
Have you seen this thread? http://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums...tacts-379.html Check out knesdad's post. I've never dealt with Joni, but I've read good things about her on the forum.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:10 PM   #5

Unhappy Rat Hole

we took delivery of our Denali 5th wheel. Took in on a local shakedown trip. Found out that the factory doesnt seal the holes in the floor they use to run, water, electric and other things. We got infested with mice and they crapped all over the inside of our coach, bedding, cloths, food cabinets mattresses etc. Called Dutchman and the rep says thats the way they leave the factory and we dont care if the critters do damage, not our worry. My old Wilderness trailer 70s model had sealed floors around the pluming etc. so did our Raptor toy hauler and Winebego trailer. Took it back to dealer and they fixed the holes and sealed them. But the rodent damage was done and Dutchman could care less. I will never own another Dutchman product again and I hope I can dump this one with out taking a bath on it.
CNEBEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #6
Chapter Director

Send a message via Skype™ to gonervn
Ohio
I have delat with Joni and she was excellent.

Our dealer also had an issue with getting a warranty item and asked that I call. I spoke with the rep who handles Voltage he got back with me in a day and they sent me the part (cushion) within a week.
Findlay, Oh.
gonervn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:12 AM   #7

West Virginia
I never crossed paths with Joni. I became quite familiar with customer service reps. Chad, Dan, and Bishop though. I tried to email other people per suggestions of folks on various forums, but the only reply I ever got was from Chad. I was also told that I was not allowed to speak directly with anyone in service or warranty departments.

Anyway, supposedly my parts (hopefully the correct ones) are in transit now..looking forward to the next adventure.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:38 PM   #8

I am sorry your dream is turning into a nightmare.

I am in the Parkersburg area, too, and have had my 2012 for almost a year as well.

I have had good experiences with Dutchmen and the dealership where we purchased our little trailer in regards to warranty work.

I posted about it in another thread, but here it is again - Took my TT in for end of season stuff like packing the wheel bearings & winterizing. Mentioned my DC outlet wasn't working and asked if they could check the fuse. They got my power supply replaced in warranty. All done within 48 hours, too.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:30 AM   #9

New Mexico
I am not sure about the holes being sealed or if that is Dutchmen wide but will have to look at that when we take delivery. I've sent two emails to customer service already asking a couple of questions and have had prompt replies from Bishop. Hopefully I wont need them after we take delivery but if we do perhaps this is a good sign that they are willing to help. Crossing fingers and hoping for the best.
72mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:00 PM   #10

West Virginia
Well, it has been 4 1/2 months, and my trailer is still sitting at the dealer lot, waiting for parts. The fiberglass and decals arrived in early March, but guess what?? The fiberglass panel was defective- full of bubbles, etc..

So, now the game has started all over again. Dutchmen is the most pathetic company I have personally ever dealt with. What makes it worse is that you can't email or call anyone other than the apologists called "customer service."

I have said this before, but if anyone has any suggestions or contacts that could in any way assist me, please share. Thanks!
Old 03-27-2013, 12:18 PM   #11

Texas
Note: "Joni" has moved up in the company so Chad is your best bet for warranty service as he helped me with the rear axle issue I was having on my komfort 3650 rear tire wear.
aapcon131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #12

Peter Principle at work
Old 03-31-2013, 07:33 PM   #13

Ontario
Im sorry to hear that there is so much trouble with customer service. I have had wonderful service from the folks at Destination RV in Waubauhene, Ontario. I had issues with the bedroom slid pulling up the carpet, the comforter falling apart, lights that have gone out, and a leaky window, etc. and they have replaced/fixed them all. So far very happy with the service, and the trailer.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:50 PM   #14

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsj911 View Post
Im sorry to hear that there is so much trouble with customer service. I have had wonderful service from the folks at Destination RV in Waubauhene, Ontario. I had issues with the bedroom slid pulling up the carpet, the comforter falling apart, lights that have gone out, and a leaky window, etc. and they have replaced/fixed them all. So far very happy with the service, and the trailer.
It's very good to hear that there are dealers out there that have customer service. It's reassuring to hear that there are people in this industry care and want to satisfy the end user, us.
I appreciate your post.
Happy Campin'

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote