Dutchman Aerolite Challenges - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2013, 05:27 AM   #1

California
Dutchman Aerolite Challenges

I am the owner of a 2014 Aerolite trailer and have had serious issues with the camper over two weekends. Right now, I might get 7 degrees of cooling out of my AC unit at 92 degrees. Also, my fridge heats up to 60 degrees (freezer to 40) during the day, and won't keep its temperature constant.

Has anyone had similar issues and have you been able to resolve them? It's kind of strange that they can't install a fridge that's able to hold a temp or an AC unit that can cool further than 7 degrees (as if 86 is cool).

Not being able to use a camper in temps over about 80 degrees is a bit pointless.

SkyPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:39 AM   #2

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyPilot View Post
I am the owner of a 2014 Aerolite trailer and have had serious issues with the camper over two weekends. Right now, I might get 7 degrees of cooling out of my AC unit at 92 degrees. Also, my fridge heats up to 60 degrees (freezer to 40) during the day, and won't keep its temperature constant.

Has anyone had similar issues and have you been able to resolve them? It's kind of strange that they can't install a fridge that's able to hold a temp or an AC unit that can cool further than 7 degrees (as if 86 is cool).

Not being able to use a camper in temps over about 80 degrees is a bit pointless.

You don't say where you are camping or what the outside temps were.....that may help! Do you cool down the fridge before loading it up with food? We found it we start with a warm fridge and had food the temps will rise - so we make sure we turn fridge on a day before - have it cold and then add COLD foods & drinks. I never add anything warm to an already cold fridge!

Also your unit is brand new - bring it back to the dealer!!!!!

Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:03 PM   #3

California
We also have a fan that we put in the refrigerator to circulate the air.

FridgeCool Fan with On/Off Switch - Valterra A10-2606 - Refrigerator Accessories - Camping World
Old 07-30-2013, 01:26 PM   #4

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmsteck View Post
We also have a fan that we put in the refrigerator to circulate the air.
I had seen those fans and wondered if they worked, seems they do.

In addition to what Nana & Poppy said, we also have several of those refreezeable ice blocks that we put in the freezer compartment to help keep everything cold while we are on the move.

This next trip starting next week is going to be where we KNOW it is hot so we are going to put all the frozen stuff in an ice chest with dry ice while we are on the move just to insure that it stays frozen.

The refrigerators in newer RVs are a far cry better now than they used to be but they are not in league with a home refigerator. They do not have as much insulation nor do they operate the same way. We have found in previous campers that you just have to work with the quirks.

All that said, since it is new, take it back to the dealer and have them check it all out, it should do better than that if given the time to cool down.

2013 Infinity 3640RL with Trailair pin box
2008 F-250 King Ranch Power Stroke diesel with B&W Companion Slider hitch
Chalkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:29 PM   #5

Delaware
We just purchased a 2014 Aerolite 282DBHS and during my walkthrough last week the fridge and A/C "seemed" cold but I did not use a thermometer to check. I will check this weekend and try to report back. I know when I first tried the fridge in my popup it wouldn't go below 45. I added a baffle to separate the two section of the compartment and two 12 volt fans to force air over the fins on the back of the fridge and I was able to hit 25 when it was 85+ outside. The fridge on my Aerolite is set up differently and I have not had time to look for a fan in the vent. I will also be putting a wireless thermometer inside to get a better feel for what's going on and add fans to the back of the fridge if necessary.
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote