Ceiling Exhaust Fans - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2014, 05:06 AM   #1

British Columbia
Ceiling Exhaust Fans

Hey Guys, first post, first rv. Just purchased a Coleman 244BHS. One thing I noticed is that there is no ceiling fan/exhaust fan in the kitchen/dining area. Just the AC Unit.

There is a small skylight right where I would have thought a ceiling fan would be.

I then looked at a few other brands and models and seems nobody is putting ceiling fans in these areas.

I grew up RV-ing and there was always a ceiling exhaust and fan in the kitchen area and bathrooms...what gives??

Matt51184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:40 PM   #2

California
My V3605 doesn't have one either.

2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 01:14 AM   #3

Indiana
Is there one in the range hood? They probably think that one is enough.

2013 Denali 311 bhs pos
Love the trailer, hate the dealer and manufacturer.
memgrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 01:45 AM   #4

New York
We have a coleman 297re and we have a exhaust fan in the bathroom and a exhaust vent in the bedroom but nothing in the kitchen except the exhaust fan over the stove.
spud60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:10 AM   #5

British Columbia
Yup, there is a range hood exhaust. Maybe it is good enough for cooking but I'm more thinking for exhausting daytime heat. Too bad
Old 06-10-2014, 03:24 PM   #6

Montana
Our Aspen Trail TT didn't have a bathroom vent or exhaust fan which surprised me. I noticed that other Aspen Trails of similar size did have one, including our same model. So who knows why they didn't put one in on mine. In fact I contacted Dutchman to get roof specs and sure enough there was an ideal location for where the fan would typically have been installed. I bought a Fantastic Fan vent on my own and installed it. It was a bit gut wrenching to cut a large hole in the roof of our new TT, but the install was easy and it doesn't leak. It moves a lot of air, too, and helps regulate the inside temp of the TT if we leave the bathroom door open. I went with the standard sized square one, but they also make small round vents with reversible direction fan that may be better suited to a small TT or popup.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:27 PM   #7

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt51184 View Post
Yup, there is a range hood exhaust. Maybe it is good enough for cooking but I'm more thinking for exhausting daytime heat. Too bad
Hey there Nanaimo, welcome from the interior.

I think you will find that the your fan in the bedroom will do what you need it to.

Turn the fan on and crack open a window on the shady side of the rig. If you are going out for the day, leave a window cracked on the side of the unit that will be in the shade in the afternoon.

We have a Fantasic fan with the rain sesor and find it does the job.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:27 AM   #8
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt51184 View Post
Hey Guys, first post, first rv. Just purchased a Coleman 244BHS. One thing I noticed is that there is no ceiling fan/exhaust fan in the kitchen/dining area. Just the AC Unit.

There is a small skylight right where I would have thought a ceiling fan would be.

I then looked at a few other brands and models and seems nobody is putting ceiling fans in these areas.

I grew up RV-ing and there was always a ceiling exhaust and fan in the kitchen area and bathrooms...what gives??
I am noticing that more and more things are becoming optional or non existent on things like RV's, especially at the lower price points. I suspect they are being eliminated to cut production costs. It is what it are...

Just means the consumer has to shop smart or spend money later. Don't like it, but what can you do?

We just purchased a Coleman CM16FBS, it has the roof vent in the bathroom, but no fan. We will be adding one shortly.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 04:08 PM   #9

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
I am noticing that more and more things are becoming optional or non existent on things like RV's, especially at the lower price points. I suspect they are being eliminated to cut production costs. It is what it are...

Just means the consumer has to shop smart over spend money later. Don't like it, but what can you do?

We just purchased a Coleman CM16FBS, it has the roof vent in the bathroom, but no fan. We will be adding one shortly.

Aaron
It's the way of the industry today, new and improved means less for more money.

Just like the market with all of the changes that occur or the years to packaging, when you compare new to old, the size of the packaging gets smaller and the price goes up.

Keep the bottom line nice and healthy, the share holders happy and don't worry about the customer. They have to buy thier campers somewhere.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:12 PM   #10

Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewarnerusa View Post
Our Aspen Trail TT didn't have a bathroom vent or exhaust fan which surprised me. I noticed that other Aspen Trails of similar size did have one, including our same model. So who knows why they didn't put one in on mine. In fact I contacted Dutchman to get roof specs and sure enough there was an ideal location for where the fan would typically have been installed. I bought a Fantastic Fan vent on my own and installed it. It was a bit gut wrenching to cut a large hole in the roof of our new TT, but the install was easy and it doesn't leak. It moves a lot of air, too, and helps regulate the inside temp of the TT if we leave the bathroom door open. I went with the standard sized square one, but they also make small round vents with reversible direction fan that may be better suited to a small TT or popup.
Got a name at Dutchman? I have called on three different occasions (before and after Keystone merger) and told no such specifications were available for wall or roof.

2014 Aerolite 282DBHS

myaeroliterv.com
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:44 PM   #11

Montana
Cindy Walker (cwalker@dutchmen.com) is who replied to my inquiry. That was March 2012. I believe I sent my inquiry to warranty@dutchmen.com from the links on the website.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:27 PM   #12

New York
Candy Rucker has been responding to my questions - ruckc@keystonerv.com
Nana & Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:46 AM   #13

British Columbia
Thanks for the replies everyone! Going to see how the summer goes then look at this as a project for the spring