Best Way to Sell a Travel Trailer - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2018, 04:45 AM   #1

Florida
Question Best Way to Sell a Travel Trailer

Hi,

We purchased a new 21018 Dutchmen Aerolite Luxury Class 294RKSS at the end of August 2018. We had the trailer loaded with options such as 13.4K air conditioner in bedroom, 15K air conditioner in main cabin, TV mount on bedroom wall, added 3 extra 120v outlets, backup camera installed, 50 amp surge protector, Husky round bar WD system with sway control, hi-flow shower head, and Valterra Sewer macerator to name a few. We also had the interior and exterior materials treated by ECORVPRO paint and fabric with 5-year warranty. The trailer also has the self leveling system which is great plus much more. We have used it once and have never even started the stove, oven or the microwave.

Unfortunately, we have changed our minds and now want to sell and perhaps try an A or C class.

Can anyone provide some advice or share your experience on the best way to sell a trailer - we are fishing for ideas? I see ads in our local paper and they don't seem to move very quickly if at all. We sold a Keystone Cougar a few years ago on consignment using a national dealer and that process took over a year. I have never tried RV Trader, so am in the dark about that method. Any other ideas?:

Thanks for any input you may have.

Best

bullitt4199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 10:40 AM   #2

Illinois
I have mine on RV Trader now (2015 loaded full-paint Voltage if you're interested). It's easy to post and monitor. The website walks you through all the steps. You can buy different packages depending on how long you want to post and whether or not you want to put a video on. $129 is the top of the line for a one year listing (I think).
Rusty

2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 08:53 AM   #3
Site Team

North Carolina
RV Trader will give you national exposure and seems to be the best bang for the buck.

You can trade it in, but will take a bath on the financial side (most likely).

Some people have good luck with Craig's List, but that market place is full of flakes. You can also list it on various forums in the For Sale section, but that is going to be a limited audience.

All I have ever sold have been older units and it was usually by putting by the road with a For Sale sign on it. Last 5ver I sold was sold via a posting on a bulletin board at my wife's work place.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 10:56 PM   #4

Florida
Resale consignment option?

We have a new Coleman lite 2017 and we had to sell we always thought about consignment, back to the selling dealer. Not sure exactly how that works.
Hwanjwcole is offline   Reply With Quote