Awning - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-03-2019, 12:06 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: prophetstown
Posts: 229
Illinois
Awning

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190702_183448.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	5559

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190702_183433.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	5560

The one arm of electric awning doesn't want to go tight against the rv as can be seen in pics, any thoughts as to why ?
__________________

Local150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 12:07 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: prophetstown
Posts: 229
Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Local150 View Post
Attachment 5559

Attachment 5560

The one arm of electric awning doesn't want to go tight against the rv as can be seen in pics, any thoughts as to why ?
May ave to turn pics around ,, sorry
__________________

Local150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 12:09 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: prophetstown
Posts: 229
Illinois
You may have to turn pictures a little, you can see the motor,, obviously that's supposed the top
Local150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 02:30 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
wildwest450's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Sparta
Posts: 1,677
Tennessee
I have one that does that, I wind it up until the awning is about 6 inches from the camper then pull the arm over and it locks right in. My theory is that the arms get a little wonky from swaying in the wind. Yours looks a little worse than mine does
__________________
2014 Aerolite 213 RBSL
2016 Chevrolet Colorado
wildwest450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 02:33 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
sundancer 87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tahlequah
Posts: 2,816
Oklahoma
I think you can open the awning all the way and then center the fabric within the roller.

It may just be winding up crooked so getting it even might do the trick.
__________________
2013 Voltage 3800, 2012 Chevy 3500 HD
2010 Yamaha V Star 950
2009 Yamaha Raider
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 02:40 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
sundancer 87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tahlequah
Posts: 2,816
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
I have one that does that, I wind it up until the awning is about 6 inches from the camper then pull the arm over and it locks right in. My theory is that the arms get a little wonky from swaying in the wind. Yours looks a little worse than mine does

Maybe they, the blind installers, forgot to pin the fabric to the roller. Just takes a screw to pin and then it should not wonk on your very shiny RV thing.
__________________
2013 Voltage 3800, 2012 Chevy 3500 HD
2010 Yamaha V Star 950
2009 Yamaha Raider
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 04:14 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
wildwest450's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Sparta
Posts: 1,677
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
Maybe they, the blind installers, forgot to pin the fabric to the roller. Just takes a screw to pin and then it should not wonk on your very shiny RV thing.
Hmm, I think it is. I'll check it. I do know it's only been happening over the last few trips, maybe i'll wax the awning arms
__________________
2014 Aerolite 213 RBSL
2016 Chevrolet Colorado
wildwest450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 12:59 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
sundancer 87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tahlequah
Posts: 2,816
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
Hmm, I think it is. I'll check it. I do know it's only been happening over the last few trips, maybe i'll wax the awning arms

You can haul over here to Oklahoma with your wax. I'll give you full 50 amp hook up for a wax job on my 3800.
__________________
2013 Voltage 3800, 2012 Chevy 3500 HD
2010 Yamaha V Star 950
2009 Yamaha Raider
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 01:55 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
wildwest450's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Sparta
Posts: 1,677
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
You can haul over here to Oklahoma with your wax. I'll give you full 50 amp hook up for a wax job on my 3800.
I'd be dead before one side was done, that thing is huge.
__________________
2014 Aerolite 213 RBSL
2016 Chevrolet Colorado
wildwest450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 02:33 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: tampa
Posts: 1,762
Florida
...wax on/wax off
__________________

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Dutchmen RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.