Aerolite 282DBHS - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2016, 10:15 PM   #1

Maryland
Aerolite 282DBHS

Me and my wife are getting ready to buy a new 2016 Aerolite 282DBHS. I have seen some bad reviews for the Dutchmen products. I would like to get some feedback from some Dutchmen owners on how well they like Dutchmen campers.

Steve Clipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 12:40 AM   #2

Washington
To me it's no worse than the others rv's, you have some that are made good and some that are made not to good in any manufacturer , I wouldn't worry too much just do a walk through but other will chime in hopefully.

Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 10:30 AM   #3

Illinois
Unless you're ready to drop $175,000 on a unit, they are all essentially built with the same parts and the same quality control. If you look at any forum, you'll see people complaining about whatever brand you're reading about. The thing is, that when things are right, nobody says anything. It's only when there is a problem, that people speak up. Personally, my unit has given me very few problems, and while under warranty, Dutchmen addressed them all satisfactorily. Just my opinion.
Rusty
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 06:09 PM   #4

Texas
I bought a new Aerolite about 3 months ago. You could call it an impulse buy. (I'm fearless that way as I get old)

After the purchase, but before taking delivery, I found this forum.

So I know how you feeeeeel. However, I'm handy enough, and my dealer is 8 miles away. (I still can't believe they built that huge dealership in the middle of nowhere)

Alas, I've been LIVING in it. It IS my home while I delay building myself a new sticks&brick tiny house. So other than NOT giving the cooking appliances a good workout, I do use everything else full time and continuously. I love this thing! It's been so comfortable and has all the features of modern living.

Other than a faulty window shade in the slide out dining window, it's not needed any warranty claims.

Full disclosure though does require me to point out this unit doesn't get dragged down the road and subjected to the shake-rattle-roll that most TT's do. On top of that, I'll be building a roof over it soon, thus reducing the mother-nature wear & tear as well.

Once I finally build me a permanent tiny house, I probably will go into RV mode with the Aerolite. Perhaps I'll be starting a few "help me" threads in the future?
2003 Ram 2500 Cummins (can't kill this beast)
snakebitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 03:25 AM   #5

Tennessee
don't do it!!!! they do not back their product, shoty workmanship. I will never buy a Dutchmen again!!! delamination after 1 year.
Tractormantn1 is offline   Reply With Quote