2016 Voltage3990 Cable TV splitter - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2018, 07:18 PM   #21

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdtandem View Post
I spoke to a another RVer here that previously did cable work and RV repairs. He looked at what I've found and confirmed my troubleshooting route. Unfortunately he didn't have his normal testing gear with him. I could easily run a new cable from the cable/SAT panel to the main living rm TV. The problem is, if I don't get to that splitter, the other TV's thru-out the trailer will not receive cable signals. I've got it narrowed down to very high in the wall or in the ceiling.
can you use that cable to pull a new one in? By the way, I have sat connections on my RV, two of them. One of them goes to the tv in the bedroom and the other on goes to the tv in the living room . I do not have ONE connection for both locations. go figure!

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 11:55 PM   #22

Nevada
I have 4 separate SAT connections, one of which is the main TV cable dual purpose connector and 3 others at the Cable/SAT panel, one for each TV. I haven't really tested those SAT only lines. I currently just have the RV park cable running thru my front door to the TV in the living room. I can shut the door and I ran that same cable to the bedroom TV just to make sure I wasn't having a television problem. TVs are all OK. I'm going to wait until I get home and use some testing equip. The fellow that was the cable expert was only here 1 day and left.

xdtandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 10:40 PM   #23

Pennsylvania
Cable

If you have Sat feeds to each locations you could use a external splitter at the control center and use the sat cable for the standard cable feed to your four sets.
royg6677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:01 PM   #24

Missouri
Chris and Donna, I read your answer regarding cable and would like to take advantage of your cable knowledge....Spectrum came out and researched my weak cable signal. Strings new cable from outside post to RV. Then comes in my RV and bypasses the booster telling me it reduces signal strength. Well yeah, that fixed the cable problem, but now in a new location, I'd like to have my cables back the way it was - but I don't know how it was. I have opened the panel of the picture you showed and I find I can solve it by removing the black to white loop, and connecting the white back to the booster. But life was better when I only had to press the booster button to switch from cable to air. Got any ideas what the wiring was before Spectrum 'helped' me?
Straylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:26 PM   #25

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straylee View Post
Chris and Donna, I read your answer regarding cable and would like to take advantage of your cable knowledge....Spectrum came out and researched my weak cable signal. Strings new cable from outside post to RV. Then comes in my RV and bypasses the booster telling me it reduces signal strength. Well yeah, that fixed the cable problem, but now in a new location, I'd like to have my cables back the way it was - but I don't know how it was. I have opened the panel of the picture you showed and I find I can solve it by removing the black to white loop, and connecting the white back to the booster. But life was better when I only had to press the booster button to switch from cable to air. Got any ideas what the wiring was before Spectrum 'helped' me?
Sent you a PM Jim.
CSCLARK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 02:01 AM   #26

Texas
I will say you get dramatically different results if the amp is on. This used to drive me crazy (assuminga splitter problem) but once I figured out turning the amp off if not using antenna, everything started working fine.
brettflory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 03:44 PM   #27

Nevada
I did know about the AMP switch and normally connect cable with amp OFF. The loose connections are at the root of my problem and I've got to find them and tighten them. Thanks.

xdtandem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, coaxial, splitter, tvs