2013 Voltage LED Awning lights - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2014, 10:22 PM   #21

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by hddad View Post
Thanks for the pics DesertRat, that's exactly what I have on my unit. do you also have a little box up near the LED strip that's shown in the website link that you posted? if so that may be what I'm missing.
No ........ control box must be mounted inside the RV somewhere. My guess is behind the main fuse panel.

2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 01:15 AM   #22

Maryland
Hmmm, thats a good thought. I did some digging around under the steps and didn't see anything other that the ATS for the generator. Much to my surprise it was just laying on the floor not fastened to anything. So who knows where that little control box could be.

hddad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 01:30 AM   #23

Nevada
Have you checked behind the panel where you can control the slides and lights.

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 04:52 PM   #24

Maryland
Angry

No I have no but that's a great idea because the on off switch for the lights is right below the control panel. When I get a chance to check these places I'll let everyone know if I found it. Meanwhile camping world called yesterday to tell me that they finally have the awning parts to repair my awning. Not sure if I want to take it back there, supposedly the parts were ordered in early May I could have ordered a new camper and had it built in less time. Not even sure if I want to tell them about the awning lights, that may take them a year to get figured out. We pay too much for these units to sit in the shop for months, I bought mine to use.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:52 PM   #25

Louisiana
I had to replace my "control box" its not really a box and it is on the outside of the RV. It is a small computer chip that plugs into the LED lights. Its the IR sensor for the remote. I wish I would have taken pictures of it when I replaced it. But its about 1/2 in wide and maybe 2in long with heat shrink wrap around it. You can unplug the module at the awning.
wildct88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 07:16 PM   #26

Maryland
thanks wildcat, think I've seen what your talking about. I'll check it out.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:53 AM   #27

Maryland
Wildct88, I found the control box that your talking about. I've also discovered that there are a few screws that were put in to hold my awning in the track and it appears that these screws have damaged some of the LED's. so I think I may need new LED's and I bet that they killed the controller. where did you get a new control box?
Old 11-10-2014, 12:55 AM   #28

Maryland
I finally received my new run of LED's and hooked them up only to find out that they react the exact same way as my old LED string. So it must be the controller like someone suggested earlier. I took the controller off and I found water dripping out of it so I cut the heat shrink tubing. I find a tiny circuit board inside with a small piece of gauze pad or something that was soaked. no wonder the remote doesn't work and the LED's have a mind of their own. see pics. I was able to find a new mini controller www.superbrightleds.com with an RF remote so I don't have to point the remote exactly at the receiver. I'll give everyone an update when I get the new controller installed. I'm thinking that everyone with the similar issue has water in the controller. the new controller that I ordered is water proof or so they say. The model # is MCBRF-RGB10.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20141108_123233.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	1586

Name:	20141108_173212.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	1587

Name:	20141108_173236.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	1588
Old 11-10-2014, 01:07 AM   #29

Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboy View Post
I am having a similar problem as you have HDAD. Good power. Replaced with two new batteries in remote. My remote does not work anymore and as far as the lights go they have a mind if there own. We have it set in blue. So it's blue when they work. Or it changes on its own and fades away to darkness. I have ready to install two strings of LED's( each awning) a booster along with a controller and remote (with spares). If you figure yours out I'd love to know the fix! Like I said, 12v is good. Checked while the darkness came over us. That leaves the controller.
Fanboy I think I figured out your problem.
I finally received my new run of LED's and hooked them up only to find out that they react the exact same way as my old LED string. So it must be the controller like someone suggested earlier. I took the controller off and I found water dripping out of it so I cut the heat shrink tubing. I find a tiny circuit board inside with a small piece of gauze pad or something that was soaked. no wonder the remote doesn't work and the LED's have a mind of their own. see pics. I was able to find a new mini controller www.superbrightleds.com with an RF remote so I don't have to point the remote exactly at the receiver. I'll give everyone an update when I get the new controller installed. I'm thinking that everyone with the similar issue has water in the controller. the new controller that I ordered is water proof or so they say. The model # is MCBRF-RGB10.

Attachment 1586

Attachment 1587

Attachment 1588
Old 11-11-2014, 06:17 PM   #30

Virginia
Thanks. That's what I was thinking. The ole rig is getting all the parts ordered for warranty work now. Controller is on that list.
Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:48 PM   #31

Maryland
Fanboy, good luck with that and just remember that if they replace it with the same heat shrink tube water will eventually get back in there. the heat shrink tube cant seal tight around the two wires that come out of the one side. they covered and tried to fill mine with clear caulk but it still found its way in. I think the waterproof controller that I bought was about $21 dollars with the new RF type remote from super bright.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:25 AM   #32

Maryland
All, I installed the new controller to the existing LED's and all worked like new, so now I have a string of new LED's that I'm sure I'll figure out something to do with them.