2003 35bh Dutchmen Classic Fifth Wheel - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > General RV Related Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2019, 04:39 PM   #1

Texas
2003 35bh Dutchmen Classic Fifth Wheel

I recently purchased this for a home, as i am going through a divorce. And it is peaceful and quiet. I love it. i want to make some modifications to it, but before i do, i should learn more about it. This is my first rv.

Does anyone have an owners manual or know where i can find one. I contacted Dutchmen but they where bought out a few years ago and do not have anything to help me with.

I need to learn all about this Home Sweet Home so i can try to keep her going and make little improvements for a more comfortable life in her. And help would be greatly appreciated.

dwfree67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 05:18 PM   #2

Florida
Welcome to the forum... Here's the deal on the manuals. You can search here to see if your original owner's manual is listed:

https://www.dutchmen.com/rv-manuals-online

If it is not, get the serial and the model numbers for your appliances and other things in the RV and do a google search for that model number and get the owner's manual from there. Usually the RV owner's manual does not give you a lot of information and is, as a general rule, very general in the information you get. Dutchmen added this section recently and it looks like they are expanding it with more information and owner and operation manuals, even some parts manuals.

AGAIN, congrats on your purchase, good luck and don't be afraid to ask questions and most importantly, include pictures.

Frank

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:08 PM   #3

Texas
Thanks!!!

I will surely upload some pictures soon. Though my life would be that fancy, i bought it from my boss, it is positioned here at work and i now live at work. My biggest issues is not really with appliances. Right now, i am concerning with remedying a kitchen water leak; the sink drain, which should be an easy fix; and water pressure in the shower. i added an oxygenics shower head but i would still like more pressure; then i am out to remodel the front bathroom and convert to a full shower and use the back 1/2 bath for the toilet and maybe take out the bunk beds, since the table and couch convert to beds, and put in a washer/dryer. I am blessed that i don't pay water or electric, hooked up under a steel building at my place of employment. We call it "after hours security".
but hey it works for me. Thanks again.
I am learning where my 3 front tanks are and 2 back tanks, the hookups, the 12 volt lighting, which i want to install LED, out with the old, just how everything works on the HOME. But i am loving the tiny lifestyle. I spend more time outside. LOL

Darrin
dwfree67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 01:26 PM   #4

Arizona
if you are using city water pressure you might check the pressure then your regulator, older campers couldnt take more than 30 psi, newer probably more,, the 12 volt pumps come in different ratings too and when we use our pump there is a big difference in pressure.. I bought mine new and all drain pipes were loose and just needed a twist to tighten.. good luck, Enjoy being divorced, might be rough at first but I always enjoyed the alone time until I needed to be told I do everything wrong again..
rich2481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 04:21 PM   #5

Alabama
The first thing to do is inspect the plumbing. All newer 2009 or so & up have PEX. Older may have PBX. PEX will withstand city water pressures no sweat. Then you can replace faucets and shower parts with commercial home pieces. May have to do some adapters from RV connecters to home connecters, Lowes has these or at least used to. My 2012 Komfort has a lot that I have modified over the years.
Livin the Life
OldOneTwo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2003 35bh, owners manual