Who has a Maxxfan deluxe with built in rain shield?? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2017, 07:11 PM   #1

Tennessee
Who has a Maxxfan deluxe with built in rain shield??

I'm drooling over this fan. Just wanted to know how the ceiling fan feature works, we have a vent over the bed and a "ceiling fan" would be awesome. I need fan noise to sleep so we currently use a stupid little fan sitting on the counter top.
Also, does it let decent light in? Not a deal breaker but it looks like it would block a lot of light. I really like the rain guard allowing it to run in a storm. I've always used fantastic fans, but a rain sensor that closes the lid automatically defeats the purpose of using an exhaust fan. i'm itching to pull the trigger on this, let the reviews begin!

Old 08-04-2017, 08:18 PM   #2

Tennessee
I have one. Ceiling fan feature would put you right to sleep! As far as light, I have the smoked one so...........

2012 EZ-GO 2FIVE LSV 2014 Gem E4 LSV
3wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:24 PM   #3

Texas
STOP!!!

You just trying to make me $spend?

That thing is wicked and would indeed be a great "ceiling fan" in the 213.

This one, right? https://www.amazon.com/Maxxair-00070.../dp/B003ZOF09Y
2003 Ram 2500 Cummins (can't kill this beast)
snakebitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:34 PM   #4

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3wheeler View Post
I have one. Ceiling fan feature would put you right to sleep! As far as light, I have the smoked one so...........
Thanks! So no light? My smoked stock cover lets in some in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakebitten View Post
STOP!!!

You just trying to make me $spend?

That thing is wicked and would indeed be a great "ceiling fan" in the 213.

This one, right? https://www.amazon.com/Maxxair-00070.../dp/B003ZOF09Y
That's the one. When I saw it I started yelling, "take my wallet".
Old 08-05-2017, 11:20 AM   #5

Illinois
I have the MaxxAir with built in rain sensor. I also put the MaxxAir rain cover on them (overkill, I know) so they stay open all the time. Have 4 of them. Work great. Going on 3 years.
Rusty
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:49 PM   #6

Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
I'm drooling over this fan. Just wanted to know how the ceiling fan feature works, we have a vent over the bed and a "ceiling fan" would be awesome. I need fan noise to sleep so we currently use a stupid little fan sitting on the counter top.
Also, does it let decent light in? Not a deal breaker but it looks like it would block a lot of light. I really like the rain guard allowing it to run in a storm. I've always used fantastic fans, but a rain sensor that closes the lid automatically defeats the purpose of using an exhaust fan. i'm itching to pull the trigger on this, let the reviews begin!
Did you ever do it? Sorry I haven't been on in a while. I put one in the bedroom of our 282. The ceiling fan function works OK. You need to really crank it up to feel any thing laying in bed which makes it very loud. There are some pics of the install on my site.

2014 Aerolite 282DBHS

myaeroliterv.com
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:07 PM   #7

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by prm99v6 View Post
Did you ever do it? Sorry I haven't been on in a while. I put one in the bedroom of our 282. The ceiling fan function works OK. You need to really crank it up to feel any thing laying in bed which makes it very loud. There are some pics of the install on my site.
I'm a lazy toad, but will do it before next spring. How do you like the fan overall? It looks awesome.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:38 PM   #8

Pennsylvania
Put that one into our 242... replaced the bedroom ( had a non powered vent). Smoke lid..... as are the rest on top..

A must have in our unit.. Pulls air into the back LR/Kit windows during the day... lets us use less AC.( a loud beast!)

Auto setting @ home keeps the inside vented while parked.

Like the design vs. the fantasticFan
T-town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 02:10 PM   #9

Texas
Quote:
I'm a lazy toad, but will do it before next spring. How do you like the fan overall? It looks awesome.
Spring?

Yaw hibernate in Tennessee?
2003 Ram 2500 Cummins (can't kill this beast)
snakebitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:30 PM   #10

Florida
Quote:
Spring?

I have one that I just put in for the bathroom. has a handy remote so the missus can reach the on/off switch. MOVES LOTS OF AIR. Don't use it with the ball valve open, it will suck all the good air from the black tank and aromate the RV. I have the clear cover and it lets in PLENTY of light (almost too much). I purchased the skylight covers (removable) so I could cover the vents and keep the sun out while it is in storage and not being used or when I'm camping and the AC is having issues keeping the temp down. The rain sensor works great and it's very quiet if you leave it on medium speed. Works in reverse also.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 04:42 PM   #11

Tennessee
Quote:
Spring?

I'm putting my winter fat on right now. Just meant it's too cold to caulk or for me to be outside from December to March 1st.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:17 PM   #12

Delaware
Quote:
We like it for moving air in or out. I did leave it open the first year during the winter and the mechanism to open it broke from snow weight. Maxxfan sent me the piece to repair it and its been working fine ever since.

When its really hot and everything is buttoned up, i use Command Strip hooks to hold a small plug in fan onto the wall (blowing on the bed) above the TV. That way we can put one of those pillow insulators in the 12x12 opening.

2014 Aerolite 282DBHS

myaeroliterv.com
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 12:27 PM   #13
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
I'm putting my winter fat on right now. Just meant it's too cold to caulk or for me to be outside from December to March 1st.
Ditto!

Still waiting on the fall cool down here.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 12:33 PM   #14

Ohio
Great question and I’m loving the answers.

I’ve been planning the same upgrade to my trailer. I have one non-powered vent in my CTS16FB and would like to install a fan to reduce my reliance on the AC unit and to pull shower steam out of the trailer. I was debating between the MaxxAir and the Fantastic Fan. I like the low profile and the rain guard of the MaxxAir and a recent YouTube indicating a quieter fan/motor on the MaxxAir. The only thing I know about the Fantastic Fan is that everyone talks about it. I plan on having this work done by a local dealer over winter during their slow period (and when I can’t use it in Ohio anyway). They quoted me $100 (or something close to that) for the install. Not having to buy materials, worry about my shoddy work or get frustrated with less than stellar directions is totally worth that price to me!!
PamW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 01:44 PM   #15

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamW View Post
The only thing I know about the Fantastic Fan is that everyone talks about it.
I will say I installed a fantastic fan on my last camper and it was awesome. Super quiet, pulled a ton of air in/out, had a remote control and would shut automatically if it started raining. That being said, the new design on the Maxxfan trumps the lid closing automatically. If I were doing a more basic fan, I would have no problem going with a fantastic fan again.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:08 PM   #16

Ohio
Quote:
I will say I installed a fantastic fan on my last camper and it was awesome. Super quiet, pulled a ton of air in/out, had a remote control and would shut automatically if it started raining. That being said, the new design on the Maxxfan trumps the lid closing automatically. If I were doing a more basic fan, I would have no problem going with a fantastic fan again.
I think it’s the rain shield that’s sold me. I’m often away from the camper during the day when it’s hot and would like to keep the vent open so heat might escape … but don’t want to in case of an unexpected shower. Theoretically, the fan will help to pull the excess hot air out when I get in. I hate getting back to the camper when it’s in the mid-60s and having to run the A/C to drop lower the interior temperature to a comfortable level!

PamW is offline   Reply With Quote