TV mount in Coleman 263bh - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2017, 04:37 PM   #1

Alabama
TV mount in Coleman 263bh

Good morning!
We just bought a Coleman 263bh that has the media wall between the bedroom and living area. We were told we could mount a TV but no other advice.

My question is how strong is that wall support - the mount itself it probably 10 pounds, then you add another 15+ pounds for the 32" TV. This is our first TT and don't want to screw it up.

Any advice would be much appreciated!!

Thanks!

Runnerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 04:45 PM   #2

Tennessee
If your weights are accurate, probably sturdy enough if you take the tv down for traveling. I tore my wall apart and reinforced the backing boards, but still travel with the tv on the bed. Our outdoor TV and mount is super light, I leave it up strapped to the wall.

Old 03-10-2019, 06:54 PM   #3

New York
Mounting tv in a Coleman 2605rl

Can amyone give advice on the proper size and mounting of a t.v. on a 2605rl coleman 2019
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:28 PM   #4

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runnerdude View Post
Good morning!
We just bought a Coleman 263bh that has the media wall between the bedroom and living area. We were told we could mount a TV but no other advice.

My question is how strong is that wall support - the mount itself it probably 10 pounds, then you add another 15+ pounds for the 32" TV. This is our first TT and don't want to screw it up.

Any advice would be much appreciated!!

Thanks!

We simply filled up the space with the biggest TV that would fit. Having said that when I screwed in the mount I gave it that extra bit of torque to see if it had any give. It was tight and the screws that came with the mount were a good size. So no issues. TV mounted while traveling. Still there!

Your mileage may vary
ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:24 PM   #5

Texas
Can you folks tell us what is the largest size TV will fit in the entertainment opening. We plan on getting extension arms but havent picked up our new rig yet. We would like to get the mounts in advance and was hoping you all would know the max size TV that fits.

Thanks in advance.
PAbernathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:31 PM   #6

Florida
Size doesn't matter as much as weight. Don't forget that when traveling these things bounce around! Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new rig! by the way, look around here for the PRE DELIVERY INSPECTION SHEETS... They are very thorough and you need to be thorough BEFORE you pick up your beautiful new RV.
franktafl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 03:49 PM   #7

Texas
Understood. However, size will matter because the opening is defined and it will have to recess back. The thin LED TV's are light but its the opening size we are really shooting for.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:37 PM   #8

Texas
Thank You....Man am I having trouble finding those Pre-Delivery Inspection checklist.
www.MasterTheNEC.com
Old 05-20-2019, 11:45 AM   #9

Texas
Update- so I measured the opening and it is 33 1/2" wide and diagonal it is approximately 39" so I am thinking a 32" Flat Screen LED will work fine.
www.MasterTheNEC.com
Old 05-20-2019, 03:16 PM   #10

Colorado
I have a 2019 Coleman 2405BH and I installed a 32" TV.
Looking at pictures on the internet, your entertainment center looks similar to mine.

I mounted mine using a lockable wall mount and it had 2 docking plates so you can slide the TV and arm up and off the wall plate and put it on another plate in the camper (I did not do this) or just slide off when in storage during the winter.

I ran into an issue where the wood backing they provided (on the bedroom side) was not low enough for the bottom hole on my docking plate. I had to get a piece of 1" thick piece of wood and add it to the backside in the bedroom. I painted it to match the "shiplap" colors of the bedroom. I then bolted the docking plate through the backing with washers and nuts (I can't remember what size bolt, but about 2 1/4""-2 1/2"long), hoping to give it some extra stability.
The bolts are just long enough to go through the docking plate, through the entertainment center backing and allow it to attach the washer and nut, but still allow the bedroom doors to slide closed completely.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:33 PM   #11

Texas
Thanks Colokb.

I intended to install a extended arm kit on both sides of the wall at exact same height. I was planning on drilling the holes for the plates straight through and using bolt and washers sandwich the two plates together so they are identical on both sides. I am getting (2) 32" TCL TV's from Costco.

If I remove them for travel and such I was planning on just removing tbe vesa screws each time in the worst case and getting locking arms in the best case.

I will post pics when done.
www.MasterTheNEC.com
Old 06-22-2019, 09:21 PM   #12

Texas
Here is how I mounted my two TV's in my 263BH Coleman Dutchmen Travel Trailer.

https://youtu.be/ylCocJ_Rd00
www.MasterTheNEC.com
Old 06-22-2019, 11:42 PM   #13

Colorado
Nice job! I like what you did.
I have the sliding bedroom doors so I could not do what you did on the bedroom side. I decided to forgo a bedroom TV as we don't use it much anyhow.
Old 06-23-2019, 01:40 PM   #14

Tennessee
I hope that wall is sturdier than it looks.
Old 06-23-2019, 02:02 PM   #15

Texas
Well the label was in the center on the living room side and so I went straight through the wall and using the base plate as a stabilizer it seems sturdy. I used 5/16 bolts and drilled exact 5/16 holes so I had to put some dish washer liquid on the threads to screw them in so it means the drilled holes were through solid material. So I feel confident it will work great.
www.MasterTheNEC.com
Old 06-23-2019, 02:04 PM   #16

Texas
But...nothing in terms of walls on travel trailers are "very sturdy"... LOL...but it was a wall designed for a TV mount so it has to be better than using regular self taping screws into weak wood versus bolts like I did and the benefit of the metal plate sandwiching each side of the wood to stabalize it.
www.MasterTheNEC.com
Old 08-03-2019, 03:39 AM   #17

South Carolina
Has anybody mounted TVS in the 2020 337BH in the bedroom and entertainment center. We have a 32" barley sitting in the stupid design of a entertainment center. Would mounting a swivel bracket in that stupid little hole for the TV and using a 40"+ or bigger TV mounted to the swivel bracket but sitting flush to the outside of the entertainment center work? (Taking it down when traveling though)
Seanxtreme2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 05:03 PM   #18

New Hampshire
Entertainment Center Mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyVeteran View Post
We simply filled up the space with the biggest TV that would fit. Having said that when I screwed in the mount I gave it that extra bit of torque to see if it had any give. It was tight and the screws that came with the mount were a good size. So no issues. TV mounted while traveling. Still there!

Your mileage may vary
I bought a Coleman 263BH new in 2017 and was told I could mount a TV in the "entertainment center" but drilled a small pilot hole and doesn't feel like there's anything solid there to drill into. There was no "TV mount location" sticker like there is on the bedroom wall.
JB87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 05:45 PM   #19

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB87 View Post
I bought a Coleman 263BH new in 2017 and was told I could mount a TV in the "entertainment center" but drilled a small pilot hole and doesn't feel like there's anything solid there to drill into. There was no "TV mount location" sticker like there is on the bedroom wall.
Mine didn't feel like there was anything there but once the bolts where in it was sturdy. Surprisingly. I still don't travel with mine mounted

Seanxtreme2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coleman 263 bh, mount, tv mount, tv wall