stromberg carlson jet2500 electric jack - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2016, 11:05 PM   #1

Georgia
stromberg carlson jet2500 electric jack

I've thought about an up grade over endless winding when hooking up our 06 26FB Denali to our 250 6.7 Ford, I was dreading each time we moved and set up again as I am 74 years old and it is sure not as easy as it use to be. I saw one on Fle-bay for$161.00 and I wrote the Texas seller twice and also called the number on his listing (which did not work!) So my wife found one on sale at CW for $179.00 and she had a $10.00 credit which made it even better. Installing the jack was a breeze, I used the factory jack to jack her up a little higher then used a pr. of jack stands to hold her up. The three 9/16s bolts came out easy with a socket and a long pull handle. I put the new jack on using the stock bolts with three washers that came with the jack' ran the red wire to the positive terminal on the battery and that was it. I did secure the wire with zip tyes. It is fast and easy now and even a level on the top of the jack.I wish I had done this sooner. A very worth while up grade. Regards, Jim

Tobler Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 01:41 AM   #2

Florida
Now add a Flip Jack and you will really be a happy camper.
I have no interest in this company.

Handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 04:34 AM   #3

South Carolina
I have the same, and it is great. When it fails, just wiggle the fuse connections. I'm too old to crank also!
MartyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 05:16 AM   #4

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyG View Post
I have the same, and it is great. When it fails, just wiggle the fuse connections. I'm too old to crank also!
And the great thing is they give you a special hand crank to use when it isn't the fuse. Sure POs the wife, she's starting to get arthritis in the shoulders.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote