Light Panel Voltage 3200 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2013, 12:18 AM   #1

Nevada
Wink Light Panel Voltage 3200

I added some LEDs behind my Light control panel. I used White LEDs 3per inch with sticky tape on the back (Flexible LED Strips & LED Tubing | NTE-Electronic Components Supplier)
A small Micro switch. I got power from the cigarette power plug. also switched it with a rocker switch in a blank spot (slide #3) switches are in series.
You can find pic's @ pinterest
Voltage 3200 upgrades

eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:44 PM   #2

Idaho
Man I really like what you did. I think this is a better way to go than to light the top of the panel from the outside. I didn't realize that you could backlight this panel as is.

Bulldog80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:37 PM   #3

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog80 View Post
Man I really like what you did. I think this is a better way to go than to light the top of the panel from the outside. I didn't realize that you could backlight this panel as is.
Thank you
Old 11-28-2013, 12:52 AM   #4

Wyoming
Hey eightydo...

I wanna tackle this project soon... but when it comes to electronics, except for stripping & connecting hot & ground wires, I'm pretty much dumb as a post. So I've got a few questions:

I clicked on the link for the LED strips... and I see them in multiple types. Some are just the strips... some are kits with power supplies (I'm assuming they just plug in somewhere?).. some are 300 per reel, some are 600.... etc.

What exactly did you get... or, better put... if I wanna duplicate your setup, what do I get?

Next... the micro switch: Where did you get yours (Radio Shack?), and where did you install it? I'm assuming right in the door frame so it comes on when you open it.

Also, did I understand you also wired it into one of the 'dead' switches in the panel, so you could turn it on & off on command? If so, how does that work with the micro-switch on the same circuit?

Finally... power supply: What cigarette power plug are you taking about? Is there one behind the panel that I don't see until I remove it? And if I get power from someplace beside the panel, I don't need a power supply that would be included in one of those kits... correct?

Like I said... I know just enough about electronics to be dangerous. If all something takes is a hot & cold wire, I can usually wire it to get it to work. But I know from installing LED's on motorcycles they also need a power load adapter... yet that doesn't seem to be the case here.

If you've got the time, can you type out a step-by-step guide that a kindergartner could understand? HA-HA If so, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks...
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:11 PM   #5

Nevada
Tom the lights are on the 12vDC of the back side of cigarette power plug.
I got the LED strips, Insolated solderless terminals (self strip), and Micro switch at a local Electronic supply store. If you look at LEDs there are resistors built in so you just have to have the 12v. Step by step will come soon.

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
Old 04-08-2014, 07:55 PM   #6

California
For a quick & easy fix that takes no time we had a sick on 4 bulb battery powered LED light that we installed to the top of the panel. Not fancy but does light up the panel.
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:08 PM   #7

Oklahoma
I lit the panel from the outside with a LED light. I like this setup better because it lights up the entryway in the dark. That helps me when I'm setting up in the dark.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:16 PM   #8

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
For a quick & easy fix that takes no time we had a sick on 4 bulb battery powered LED light that we installed to the top of the panel. Not fancy but does light up the panel.
Not hacking the thread, I lit mine on the inside as others did. Much better. Desert Rat I see we're Burgman owners