LED bulbs - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2013, 07:05 PM   #1

Quebec
LED bulbs

Well I've finally done it.

I have replaced every single 912 bulb I could find in my trailer with these T10 wedge LED bulbs from command electronics.

Here's the link:

Plug In LED "Bulbs" from Command Electronics

I've turn every light on and the fan in the inverter does not come on anymore. Before with just 2 or 3 fixture on, I would ear it run.

The light output is about the same as before but the light is a little more white.

Glad I did that.

Next step, the brake lights , I received them but havent got the time to install them. And all the marker lights...

Wife thinks I'm crazy but LED are the only way to go.

2010 F-150 Lariat, 5.4L
2014 Kodiak 240 BHSL
gadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:21 AM   #2

New York
Hello,
I did the same and my wife thought I was being nutty. I explained how she will appreciate it when we are dry camping at some of the state parks this summer, and with two teenagers I will not have to follow them around turning off lights. I originally used the bright white bulbs and they through a strange light. I now have warm white and it looks so much more natural, another bonus to what you did was the bulbs throw no heat keeping the trailer that much cooler, happy trails

Pfc263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:56 PM   #3

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadou View Post
Well I've finally done it.

I have replaced every single 912 bulb I could find in my trailer with these T10 wedge LED bulbs from command electronics.

Here's the link:

Plug In LED "Bulbs" from Command Electronics

I've turn every light on and the fan in the inverter does not come on anymore. Before with just 2 or 3 fixture on, I would ear it run.

The light output is about the same as before but the light is a little more white.

Glad I did that.

Next step, the brake lights , I received them but havent got the time to install them. And all the marker lights...

Wife thinks I'm crazy but LED are the only way to go.
I think this is exactly what I'm going to do once I take delivery of my new rig. I love the LED look, and they certainly use much less power.

I also purchase strip LED lights and use them to illuminate my truck bed. I use a controller so I can turn on and off with a key fob.
VoltageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:39 AM   #4

California
Ordered a bunch of LED bulbs. Will replace all the puck lights and all the other lights, too. I expect things will quiet down as well.

Ordered 30 G4s and 30 T10 bulbs. That's a lot of bulb lights!
Old 08-27-2014, 06:37 PM   #5

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltageGuy View Post
Ordered a bunch of LED bulbs. Will replace all the puck lights and all the other lights, too. I expect things will quiet down as well.

Ordered 30 G4s and 30 T10 bulbs. That's a lot of bulb lights!
With so many options for LED bulbs, how do you choose the right one? I see some that have several small LED's and some that have large LED's.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:28 AM   #6

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducmons View Post
With so many options for LED bulbs, how do you choose the right one? I see some that have several small LED's and some that have large LED's.
This might answer your questions. Types of LED Lights | eHow
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:51 PM   #7

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducmons View Post
If you ca wait until January come out to Quartzsite & you will have all kinds to pick from. Cool white, bright white, warm white, you will be able to see them side by side. Also will see the difference lums make.

2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote