latest mods - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2017, 11:49 AM   #1

New Jersey
latest mods

Hi All,

Haven't posted for a while. Got busy over the last couple of months and decided to post a bit about my latest mods.

After lots of planning for too long a time, I replaced my dinette with a cabinet that suits me much better. I wired in an AC outlet on both ends with usb charging ports as well. I'll be adding two 12" w x 14" H x 18" long drawers in each end, that fit in the openings, over the wheel well, below the outlets. It helps to have a friend who is a master carpenter.

The new chairs are so much more comfortable than those darn bench seats, and being able quickly and easily drop the table gives us so much more room. The table is attached to the cabinet with a piano hinge and the leg folds flat against the cabinet, like it would on a dining room type serving table.

Also installed shelves in the cabinet by the door. As a wardrobe, that cabinet wasn't very good for what we wanted to do.

Installed a 12 volt indicator with usb charging ports and an automotive type 12v automotive socket.

A wall mounted wire rack in the bathroom for towels, washcloths, tp etc..

A curtain to separate the bed from the rest of the trailer, not shown.

And I couldn't resist making a stove top cover, that also works great as a large serving tray. I just purchased a large polypropylene cutting board at bass pro shops a few stainless steel screws.

Pics are attached..

I'll be glad to provide any details to anyone who is interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0720171338-00.jpg
Views:	677
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	4286   Click image for larger version

Name:	0720171337-01.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	4287   Click image for larger version

Name:	0721170706-00.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	4288   Click image for larger version

Name:	0721170714-00.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	4289   Click image for larger version

Name:	0721170706-02.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	4290  

Click image for larger version

Name:	0721170712-02.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	4291  

Allentown, NJ
Firstime RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:27 PM   #2

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstime RVer View Post
Hi All,

Haven't posted for a while. Got busy over the last couple of months and decided to post a bit about my latest mods.

After lots of planning for too long a time, I replaced my dinette with a cabinet that suits me much better. I wired in an AC outlet on both ends with usb charging ports as well. I'll be adding two 12" w x 14" H x 18" long drawers in each end, that fit in the openings, over the wheel well, below the outlets. It helps to have a friend who is a master carpenter.

The new chairs are so much more comfortable than those darn bench seats, and being able quickly and easily drop the table gives us so much more room. The table is attached to the cabinet with a piano hinge and the leg folds flat against the cabinet, like it would on a dining room type serving table.

Also installed shelves in the cabinet by the door. As a wardrobe, that cabinet wasn't very good for what we wanted to do.

Installed a 12 volt indicator with usb charging ports and an automotive type 12v automotive socket.

A wall mounted wire rack in the bathroom for towels, washcloths, tp etc..

A curtain to separate the bed from the rest of the trailer, not shown.

And I couldn't resist making a stove top cover, that also works great as a large serving tray. I just purchased a large polypropylene cutting board at bass pro shops a few stainless steel screws.

Pics are attached..

I'll be glad to provide any details to anyone who is interested.
Where did you find the bathroom rack. Also put shelves in our back cabinnet. Now looking to put closetmaid shelves above it to the back .

Mike & Emily-Sacramento, CA
Our 4th trailer (2016 Aspen Trail 1900RB)
2018 F150 STX 2.7 Eco Boost
chily3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:58 PM   #3

New Jersey
Hi Mike,
We finally found the rack at Lowes.. Not only was it the right size etc, but the mounting screws came with small plastic clamp like thingies (my wife's highly technical term), that made it easy to locate them along the wire frame so that we could screw into the studs. We'd been looking for a while.

While at Lowes, I saw some 16 inch high double door unfinished cabinets that would mount high on the wall above the original cabinet and still leave enough room put our portable icemaker between the new and original cabinet.

Good luck. I'd love to see the pics of your install.

All the best.
Allentown, NJ
Firstime RVer is offline   Reply With Quote