Ladder - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2017, 07:50 PM   #1

Michigan
Smile Ladder

Hello RV people.
I am looking for an exterior ladder I can mount on my Dutchmen Coleman 192RD. There is currently no ladder on my baby and I want to put one on...if I can put one on. Please give me any ladder models that you think are good AND any mounting suggestions. Thanks for your help, fellow Dutchmen owners. John.
jssihs is online now Report Post

jssihs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:08 PM   #2

Tennessee
This has come up before, I believe it's the consensus that if it didn't come with a ladder it may not be setup for one. There's no way to know if your roof or walls are properly reinforced. Nothing worse than climbing a ladder that could rip off the wall. Most of us without factory ladders carry a collapsible ladder, I have a extendable step ladder but it's a little heavy for some.

Old 07-07-2017, 10:42 PM   #3

Michigan
Thanks. I also contacted Dutchmen to get their thoughts on my RV. If I cannot put a ladder on the RV, I will get an extendable ladder. John.
Old 07-08-2017, 08:33 AM   #4

Oregon
I agrree with Dawn. My and I don't believe your Coleman has a "walk on roof". I purchased a 13 foot folding ladder from Home Depot. It folds down to 22x42 and not that heavy. I use foam protectors when leaning it against the trailer.
Werner 13 ft. Aluminum Telescoping Multi-Position Ladder with 300 lb. Load Capacity Type IA Duty Rating-MT-13 - The Home Depot
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 08:48 AM   #5

Michigan
It is beginning to look like a no-walk-on roof. Thanks for the info on the ladder too.