Just installed Goodyear Endurance tires - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2019, 06:45 PM   #1

New Jersey
Just installed Goodyear Endurance tires

We just had a set of 4 Goodyear Endurance tires installed on our TT.
On the way home I noticed that our TT tracked better than it had with the old tires, on the way to the dealer.

It seems that the additional pressure in the new tires at 65 psi vs the 50 psi in the original tires along with the stiffer sidewalls made for a noticeable improvement in tracking, especially while traveling the winding back roads on the way home.

I was also pleased with the increased load rating for the Goodyear tires at 2020 lbs/tire vs 1760 lbs for the each of the original tires. I may be wrong, but I believe that this means that under the same weight the increased load capacity reduces the amount of tire flexing and therefore less heating of the tires while traveling at highway speeds, hopefully reducing the possibility of blowouts.

We have a few trips planned over the next 2 months and will comment on any other notable differences.

Safe Travels

Allentown, NJ
Firstime RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 01:06 AM   #2

Arizona
I installed them also 215-75 14. Yes and tracking is better and have a higher speed rating, (not that it is really needed). They are worth the extra money

AETHERIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 12:16 PM   #3

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstime RVer View Post
We just had a set of 4 Goodyear Endurance tires installed on our TT.
On the way home I noticed that our TT tracked better than it had with the old tires, on the way to the dealer.

It seems that the additional pressure in the new tires at 65 psi vs the 50 psi in the original tires along with the stiffer sidewalls made for a noticeable improvement in tracking, especially while traveling the winding back roads on the way home.

I was also pleased with the increased load rating for the Goodyear tires at 2020 lbs/tire vs 1760 lbs for the each of the original tires. I may be wrong, but I believe that this means that under the same weight the increased load capacity reduces the amount of tire flexing and therefore less heating of the tires while traveling at highway speeds, hopefully reducing the possibility of blowouts.

We have a few trips planned over the next 2 months and will comment on any other notable differences.

Safe Travels
I also changed to the Goodyear Endurance tires (tire rack) and also new valve stems. It's amazing the difference between the old factory tires and these new ones. They are taller, wider, more air pressure and roll nicely. I hope you will like them.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 01:27 AM   #4

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
I also changed to the Goodyear Endurance tires (tire rack) and also new valve stems. It's amazing the difference between the old factory tires and these new ones. They are taller, wider, more air pressure and roll nicely. I hope you will like them.
Thanks, I do like them.. Took out the TT this past weekend and even with strong side winds, it tracked better the the OEM tires at 70 mph.. That is a little faster than I normally drive but I had to try them out..
Allentown, NJ
Firstime RVer is offline   Reply With Quote