Exterior Mounted Grill on Aerolite 282DBHS - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #1

Delaware
Exterior Mounted Grill on Aerolite 282DBHS

Hi all.

Was looking at utilizing the exterior LP port and mounting a grill to the side of the camper. I called Aerolite and discussed it with customer service who indicated that the Aerolites do not have studs in the walls. They have a outside frame structure and supports (studs) around windows and doors but the walls are just 1.5" foam core walls. 1/4" fiberglass shell outside and 1/8" interior panel with foam in-between. He suggested using some type of molly bolts or bolts that go all the way through from the inside.

Has anyone with an Aerolite added an exterior grill? I could extend the LP run to the back and use a bumper mounted grill but then it would not be under the awning.

Thanks in advance.

2014 Aerolite 282DBHS

myaeroliterv.com
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #2

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by prm99v6 View Post
Hi all.

Was looking at utilizing the exterior LP port and mounting a grill to the side of the camper. I called Aerolite and discussed it with customer service who indicated that the Aerolites do not have studs in the walls. They have a outside frame structure and supports (studs) around windows and doors but the walls are just 1.5" foam core walls. 1/4" fiberglass shell outside and 1/8" interior panel with foam in-between. He suggested using some type of molly bolts or bolts that go all the way through from the inside.

Has anyone with an Aerolite added an exterior grill? I could extend the LP run to the back and use a bumper mounted grill but then it would not be under the awning.

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the club.

If it was me, I would go with the bumper mount. Purely because I don't like to put holes in the exterior of the trailer. In fact I don't like to put holes any place on the trailer. For hanging things inside I use indutrial strength 3M tape or velcro.

Also having a BBQ under the awning will more than likely stain the fabric. If you realy need to have the BBQ under cover how about a light weight patio umbrella. Rig a mount for the umbrella that you clamp to the bumper when you need it.

We'll wave as we go by the last week of September, on our way to DIR.

hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:17 AM   #3

Delaware
I think your right. If I stick with a bumper mount I can use a Weber. I found a Q200 (with stand) on Craigslist for $100. I think they do offer some of their other models with an outside grill but they probably put some sort of backer inside the wall.

2014 Aerolite 282DBHS

myaeroliterv.com
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote