CM16FFBS Mods - Page 5 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-25-2015, 02:30 AM   #81

North Carolina
Just not sure how a teaspoon of the stuff made it into my regulator.I doubt 10 gallons of LP has been through it.Luckily,Lowes had several of the 2 stage reg. on the shelf,so 39 bucks and gas is flowing again.

nctrailboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 02:48 AM   #82

Florida
We purchased our 16FB in November 5, 2015 since then the following mods have been completed:
installed 12 volt Tongue Jack, changed antenna head to a jack model, Made new stabilizer boards and front jack stand with hooks on the end, Installed 2 stabilizers in front of TT, installed Rug on the step, installed anti-sway bar on front, bought a torque wrench at Harbor Freight and checked the wheel torque, installed cabinet support bars on all doors and the bed, installed screen door handle inside screen door, installed 32" Television and DVD player, Installed reading lights over the bed, closed the bed area inside over the Front storage area, Installed fridge fan assy with thermostat, installed tire covers, include covers for LP tank , spare tire and electric jack, Remove cable from the break away switch and installed a coiled cable. Slowly making it my own, more mods to come in the future

Old 02-29-2016, 01:26 PM   #83

New Jersey
Dinette - DIY

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
Couldn't be a Dutchman product, hasta be your speed square is jacked up

The blind installers don't get issued squares and levels because of obvious reasons.......
We're thinking about redoing the poorly-designed and constructed dinette in our 16QB so it's similar to this design : Deep Red - A self-build motorhome - beds & seats
High-Energy JRT (Jack Russell Terrier)
kalm_in_NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 03:31 PM   #84
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalm_in_NJ View Post
We're thinking about redoing the poorly-designed and constructed dinette in our 16QB so it's similar to this design : Deep Red - A self-build motorhome - beds & seats
Funny... my wife had that website pulled up the other day.

Nothing wrong with the Coleman bed, that is seriously old school and is pretty easy for the incompetents at Dutchmen to build. It has stood the test of time. Are there better ways to do it? Absolutely, just don't look to Dutchmen to innovate and do it a craftsman like manner.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 03:07 PM   #85

Oregon
This thread is dangerous to my wallet. We have done the following mods to our 16FSB:
Change all the bulbs to LED, added a second LP tank, change the thermostat to digital, change the shower head to Oxygenics, bought two stabilizers at Harbor Frieght to be placed permanently at a later date and added a backsplash using SmartTiles. Next is to change the tank monitors to the SeeLevel II P3 & figuring out which Hatchlift kit I need to lift our 55lb mattress topper to get to the underbed storage.

2015 Coleman CM16FBS
2001 Chevrolet Suburban 2500
Crashogre is offline   Reply With Quote