Aerolite 2843BHS Second AC - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Technical | Towing, Maintenance and Repairs > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2017, 05:23 PM   #1

North Carolina
Aerolite 2843BHS Second AC

This is a 30amp unit, however, I am hoping I can use a smaller roof unit to just cool the MBR. It already has ducting from the main 15k unit.

Any thoughts or opinions welcome!

rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 05:03 AM   #2

Oregon
Your MBR has ducting from the 15K unit in the form of a AC vent or is the MBR wired for a second AC? Which I doubt with it being a 30amp Rig.

The ducting will be the least of your problem. If your MBR is not wired for a second AC you will have to get wire from the breaker panel and install a second AC breaker. If you could do that I would go with a small AC like a Dometic 7k btu that would go in a Truck Camper. You still would not probably be able to run both AC's at the same time. But you could put in a A/B type switch so you could run one or the other.

If you just want more cooling when sleeping you could try shutting all the AC vents except the bedroom when sleeping?
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote