A few pics from this weekend - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Lifestyle | Camping, Fun & Hobbies > Photography and Video Forum
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2016, 07:51 PM   #1

Tennessee
A few pics from this weekend

Didn't take a lot, but here's what I have...

My favorite koozie

Fighting off the bugs

Some new sites going in at our go to campground

Bacon cheeseburgers with a fried egg, fantastic.

The face behind the name, my sweet wife Dawn

Old 05-17-2016, 08:12 PM   #2

Ontario
Fantastic pics! I can't wait to get out there, I think we're going to try a couple of nights next week for our maiden trip. We'll probably need at least a six-pack of those candles, black-fly season is underway with a bang this year.

WoodlawnDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:33 PM   #3
Site Team

North Carolina
Shamed into it...

First one is of our campsite at Jordan Lake SRA about 45 miles from our house.
Next one is me and my lovely bride aka Airangel60.
Third one is Bat my fuzzy buddy... camping hard.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 12:47 AM   #4

Tennessee
That's a fancy rig
Old 05-18-2016, 02:06 AM   #5
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawniewest View Post
That's a fancy rig
That was the "upgrade" from the Coleman.

It is our retirement rig, got a few years to go before full retirement, but it is never too early to start practicing!

Aaron
Old 05-18-2016, 03:21 AM   #6

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
That was the "upgrade" from the Coleman.

It is our retirement rig, got a few years to go before full retirement, but it is never too early to start practicing!

Aaron
Aaron,

Trust me, you don't need to practice retirement. You only need to remember one thing, The day after you retire, you can get up and point the camper any direction you want to go and be gone as long as you want.

The real plus is you only have one boss.

Wow, that camper sure has a big hangover, I mean overhang.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:35 AM   #7
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by hddecker View Post
Aaron,

Trust me, you don't need to practice retirement. You only need to remember one thing, The day after you retire, you can get up and point the camper any direction you want to go and be gone as long as you want.

The real plus is you only have one boss.

Wow, that camper sure has a big hangover, I mean overhang.
We don't plan to full time, just head out for a few weeks at a time, then come back home for a few more. We both have spent a major portion of our lives traveling and like coming home occasionally. Lovely Bride has been flying for 32 years and I have been working on the road for over 20 years.

The overhang is about standard when you put a 30'+ body on a chassis like that. What I find interesting is that the chassis left the Ford factory as a 158" wheel base, Forest River spliced in another 5'-5" making 223"! Definitely have to watch your corners.

Aaron
Old 05-18-2016, 04:30 PM   #8

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
We don't plan to full time, just head out for a few weeks at a time, then come back home for a few more. We both have spent a major portion of our lives traveling and like coming home occasionally. Lovely Bride has been flying for 32 years and I have been working on the road for over 20 years.

The overhang is about standard when you put a 30'+ body on a chassis like that. What I find interesting is that the chassis left the Ford factory as a 158" wheel base, Forest River spliced in another 5'-5" making 223"! Definitely have to watch your corners.

Aaron
As much as I would love to be fulltimer, DW likes to have some place to keep her stuff. Funny how opposites attract, I have a serious case of wanderlust and DW is a more of a home body. She likes going, but she likes to have somewhere to come back to.

For about the last 20 years of my working life, the boss paid to satisfy my wanderlust somewhat. But he still told where to go, both figuratively and literally, when and for how long. The best part of travelling for work was finding all the neat places to go back to, on my own terms.

The first day of my retirement was in the top four best days of my life, it sure feels good not having to get up, put on the monkey suit and turn right out of the driveway five days a week.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:03 PM   #9
Site Team

North Carolina
I don't get paid enough to wear the monkey suit. I am still a field guy at heart. I wear jeans and carhartt t-shirts most of the time. I do wear a company logo golf shirt when traveling in public.

I love the travel part of my job... most of the time. I can usually squeeze in a bit of sightseeing here and there. If the job is longer term I quite often get to go back several times.

We have a whole list of places that we have popped in and out of over the years that we plan to go back and re-visit on our terms. Along with friends and acquaintances to catch up with.

At one point we had planned to do a fair bit of international travel via the airlines pass riding for employees and spouses, but that isn't much good anymore. With the reduction in capacity and the increased passenger loads it is almost impossible for two people to get anywhere together pass riding. Hanging out in airports is not my idea of fun. I do enough of that for work now.

So seeing North America from the driver's seat of my Concord is now the grand plan.

Aaron
Old 05-19-2016, 04:04 AM   #10

British Columbia
Well truth be told, my monkey suit was a far cry from acceptable in the boss, boss, bosses eyes. But I was fortunate that my boss deflected all the heat. We had an unwritten argreement, I do my job, I exceed my performance targets and stay almost normal in the presence of his boss, it was OK for me to roll up to a business meeting on my Glide. There were a couple of caveats, I couldn't go in to the meeting in my leathers and I had to (it hurts saying it) wear a tie.

How many people get to go for a nice ride on a beautiful sunny day, spend an hour wearing a tie, them have a nice ride home. The best part I got paid to do it, a tidy litlle pension and some great benefits. Nto bad overall for a high school dropout, three times to boot. I just couldn't make it through the twelfth grade, last time I was six weeks from graduation. But I wouldn't trade the life I've had, for the life I might have had.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:26 AM   #11

Quebec
great pics, it looks like you had a great weekend

RodneyE is offline   Reply With Quote