zero gravity door locks - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2017, 09:32 PM   #1

California
zero gravity door locks

does anyone know a part number for the zero gravity door actuator locks that hold the ramp door closed.... Mine went out after less than 6 months and although they are under warranty I want to have another pair as back ups

mscaraudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:30 AM   #2

Nevada
Have you tried RVLock.com ?

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:49 AM   #3

California
It's not the same thing needs the actual actuators
Old 06-21-2017, 05:40 PM   #4

Nevada
Who made the door Lippert or MORryde? Check with them.

2017 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW
2014 Voltage 3200
2005 FLHTCI
eightydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 12:56 PM   #5

Tennessee
MORryde makes it. I'm carrying a set of the standard bar locks with me so that the next time my actuators go out I'm just going to swap it to the bar locks and be done. Mine worked once when I went to pick it up. The dealer installed new actuators and they have been intermittent ever since.
bduncan1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 01:49 AM   #6

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscaraudio View Post
does anyone know a part number for the zero gravity door actuator locks that hold the ramp door closed.... Mine went out after less than 6 months and although they are under warranty I want to have another pair as back ups
are you sure they actually went out and it wasn't the 2 9volt batteries that are dead? The 9 volt batteries are located in the front section where your hydraulic fluid is for the landing gear against the back wall in a plastic black box. No one tells you this but that is most like the issue, carry extra 9volt batteries!
AzVoltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 05:59 PM   #7

Arizona
I have a new 2017 Voltage and they only worked once and the dealer claims the actuators are bad. Supposedly the parts are on order if I believe what the dealer says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tailgater269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 06:20 PM   #8

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgater269 View Post
I have a new 2017 Voltage and they only worked once and the dealer claims the actuators are bad. Supposedly the parts are on order if I believe what the dealer says.

You might want to go replace your 9v batteries just to see it that fixes it, dealers get paid on turning in warranty claims and they may just want the work, keeps you from having your trailer to use.... I had to show the dealer I bought from where the batteries were located because they had no idea! The new systems dealers are not familiar with.
AzVoltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:45 AM   #9

Arizona
Nope batteries were good

Tailgater269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 01:37 AM   #10

California
in my trailer the 9v batteries look to just be back ups, it has a power and ground with a molex plug and then the 9v sitting next to it with the same plug so If you lost power you can unplug the one and plug in the other
Old 07-02-2017, 01:32 AM   #11

Virginia
I'll bite. What are zero gravity door actuators? Have owned campers for over 30 years, currently own a Voltage 3200 , even Google Drive them and come up with nothing. Is this something Big Foot uses.
DR Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 02:01 AM   #12

California
Its the new door on the 17s... single key lock, no bars and locks
Old 06-01-2018, 12:22 AM   #13

New York
If you have a Zero Gravity Morryde Ramp that has a keyed entry with electronic actuators for unlocking your ramp, here is a note about the batteries and connection to House Power/Main Battery. These are new on 2017 Voltage and newer.

The unit comes equipped with a 9 volt battery by pass that is intended for dealer locations until the main battery is installed and has full charge at all times. Once the unit is sold, the dealer is suppose to disconnect the 9 volt battery bypass and connect to the pig tail that connects the power to the house power/main battery.

The pig tail and 9 volt batteries are located in the front under belly hatch to the left of the generator compartment against the back wall. At the top there will be a block cover which houses several wires with wire nuts and the pigtails. If your keyed entry does not operate, check to see if the bypass is hooked to main power, if not, then hook to main power or replace the two (2) 9 volt batteries...

If this does not work and your ramp still does not unlock, then replace the actuators.
NYVOLTAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 11:28 PM   #14

New York
My Voltage Epic 3990 from day one had trouble with the ramp locks, Campers World had it in their shop more than 6 times. The locks would work intermittently, I contacted morryde, and immediately they said to check the 9 volt batteries. They should be disconnected, and connected to house power ( 12 Volt ). Once we did that, the actuators sound very strong and no more problems. The 9 volt power is only used if 12 volt battery is dead, and you have to opoe the ramp
barrymerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:52 PM   #15

New York
Well, my ramp will not unlock after 1 year. Replaced key cylinder, replaced actuators and verified that the connection to house power is good (9 volt batteries were disconnected). Still no luck; still will not unlock. Thank God for manual override otherwise I would have to leave the toys at home.

I must say that I have been working with the Morryde engineer and customer service rep; they have been wonderful so far; just no luck in getting the latches to unlock electrically. I suppose another call to them tomorrow.

Anyone have any other ideas? Am I missing something simple?
NYVOLTAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 03:34 AM   #16

California
does anyone know the part number for the actuators just so i could have another pair incase
Old 06-09-2018, 01:33 AM   #17

Ontario
These locks sure sound like a solution in search of a problem.
joebedford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 02:41 AM   #18

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVOLTAGE View Post
If you have a Zero Gravity Morryde Ramp that has a keyed entry with electronic actuators for unlocking your ramp, here is a note about the batteries and connection to House Power/Main Battery. These are new on 2017 Voltage and newer.

The unit comes equipped with a 9 volt battery by pass that is intended for dealer locations until the main battery is installed and has full charge at all times. Once the unit is sold, the dealer is suppose to disconnect the 9 volt battery bypass and connect to the pig tail that connects the power to the house power/main battery.

The pig tail and 9 volt batteries are located in the front under belly hatch to the left of the generator compartment against the back wall. At the top there will be a block cover which houses several wires with wire nuts and the pigtails. If your keyed entry does not operate, check to see if the bypass is hooked to main power, if not, then hook to main power or replace the two (2) 9 volt batteries...

If this does not work and your ramp still does not unlock, then replace the actuators.
Thanks for the help. My latches would not work. After reading this I went out and switched the wiring around and it works great now.

Jackddr is offline   Reply With Quote