Wet Bolt Kit Help - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2017, 09:24 PM   #1

Ohio
Wet Bolt Kit Help

Group,

I want to take advantage of some extra time and some cooler weather heading our way. I want to upgrade my suspension to a wet bolt kit, I did do a search and came across a couple threads but I'm not real good at figuring all of the pieces out and get super irritated when I don't have all the parts needed in the middle of a job.

I currently have the equaflex system from the factory, could someone that has done this upgrade shoot me some direction as to where and exactly what kits you used? I'm hoping to be able to get a kit part number or something of that nature from those of you that have done this. I called E-trailer but they needed measurements and i'm going to be away from the trailer the rest of the week.

Thanks in advance.

2013- F-350 White Platinum DRW.
nonsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 02:44 AM   #2

Iowa
I used the Morryde heavy shackle and wet bolt kit. Go to their site and it will list the kit you need for a 3 axle equaflex suspension, also you'll need to know the distance between the shackle bolts center to center and it'll be either 2 1/4"or 3 1/8" . I would recommend this kit, it also upgrades your bushings from worthless plastic to bronze. Not to tough to do.

dougs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:32 PM   #3

Iowa
FYI...I measured my shackle bolt spacing this morning, it is 2 1/4" but I wouldn't want to speculate that your 3818 would be the same. Only safe way to know for sure would be to measure yours.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:54 PM   #4

Ohio
Dougs,

Thank you very much for your help, this is exactly what i was needing. I'll be home this weekend, I'll get them measured and ordered. Going to try to get some of my random service points out of the way. Packing bearings, adjusting brakes and my fall roof inspection!

Cheers to fall camping here in Ohio.

2013- F-350 White Platinum DRW.
nonsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 01:26 AM   #5

Iowa
nonsense, I might add that when you're under there working on installing the new kit check the top bolt on the equaflex hangers. Those are supposed to swing a little, they tightened mine up too tight and would not budge at all. I loosened those up so they would pivot and work the way they were designed to and it made the ride a whole lot better. Plus it was probably makeing the rest of the suspension wear faster.