Washer/dryer in V4000 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2015, 05:19 AM   #1

Iowa
Washer/dryer in V4000

We have a 2015 Voltage V4000. There is a hook up for a washer/dryer in a large closet in the bedroom. We would like to hear from other V4000 owners who have put in the washer/dryer. Did you get a combo unit? Which model? Did you get a stack set? Which model? Vented vs unvented? We are new at this and could use some guidance. Thanks!

Abbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:00 AM   #2

Illinois
We have the 3990 with the washer/dryer in the bedroom. Got the Splendide vented combo unit from Camping World for $950 on sale w/$127 installation (pretty sure). It works fine but takes forever even with a small load. Good for emergency washes or drying but you will be doing laundry non-stop if you have even a small family. Bottom line: glad I got it but we plan on hitting the laundry regularly.
Rusty

2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:46 AM   #3

Wyoming
Not sure how much this will help, but I have the Splendide non-vented washer/dryer combo in the garage of my 3200 rig. It works as advertised, but as Rusty stated above... it can only handle small loads. As I travel by myself, this isn't a problem... but could easily see it being an issue with more than 2 people on a trip.

With the non-vented model, it usually takes 2-to-3 hours to wash & dry a load... with a 'load' being defined as 2 or 3 t-shirts, some socks & underwear or a pair of jeans. When doing heavier items like jeans, I try to never wash more than one pair at a time with a couple of light items. Towels & washcloths are always laundered by themselves (never more than 2 or 3)... as are sheets & pillowcases (sheets, one a time).

Also, another note about the non-vented model: the way they dry clothes is to, believe it or not, use water... aka, steam. As such, after drying, the clothes are still slightly damp. Because of this, they need to be removed right after the drying cycle is complete (or just a few minutes before) or your clothes will be a wrinkled mess.

As I said, I travel alone... so the unit works well for me. And since I don't bring a lot of clothes with me on a typical trip, I usually end up tossing a load into it about every other night before going to bed. In the morning, I again run the load thru the drying cycle only during breakfast... and then remove, fold & hang the items afterwards.

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 01:37 AM   #4

Nevada
As the rest above, we have a combo in the garage…Splendide, non-vented, and it was for my wife training how to make the drying part work….she has it down now, but its best to do small loads…If we had to do it all over again, we would have picked up a Washer and a Dryer….Another guy did that and picked up the units from Lowes...
2019 GMC 3500HD 4X4 CC DRW LB Bags Husky 26K Hitch Can Am Commander 1000 ATV
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 02:13 AM   #5

Iowa
Thank you all for your helpful tips. Im getting closer to a decision!
Abbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
combo, dryer, laundry, v4000, washer