Washer an dryer - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2015, 12:57 AM   #1

Texas
Washer an dryer

I really need some help. My husband thinks we need the stackable vented set. I have seen very good reviews on stackable an the combo. I just thought if we did the combo vented it wouldn't take up the complete pantry.

GDSills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 03:33 AM   #2

Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDSills View Post
I really need some help. My husband thinks we need the stackable vented set. I have seen very good reviews on stackable an the combo. I just thought if we did the combo vented it wouldn't take up the complete pantry.
I would like to see some comments and pictures of what people did on this, as we want to add this very soon

jetboatrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 03:59 PM   #3

Nevada
Guys:
My wife wanted an washer/dryer combo, so I looked at Camping World and found the Splendide 7100xc, ventless...it going for $1,159.99. we have had it for 6 months now and she is still trying to make adjustment to the drying....It is a nice combo but small, so you have to do a lot of loads...We have a Toy Hauler V3895 and it fits nice in the garage......It got great reviews that's why we got it. If I had to do it over again, I would have found a way to buy a washer and Dryer not a combo! Now do to space, well maybe a combo? I would see what everyone else thinks? Don't get me wrong it works and my wife is still happy, but for the money, I would do more homework...Most Class A have Washer/Dryer, I would get more info from them, keep me posted, maybe I will learn something, to make it work better?
Rich
RVNevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 04:30 PM   #4

Ohio
Our dealer (Holman's) recommended a separate washer and dryer not a combo. We got a stacking models, so the footprint is the same as combo.
-Jeff
Old 04-14-2015, 05:13 PM   #5

Illinois
Does Vented make a big difference? I hope so, as we are having the combo vented being installed now.
Rusty
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:52 PM   #6

Arizona
We had a vented combo in our Class A that we just got rid of. I hated the combo - ended up finding a laundromat rather than use that thing. It was way too small to effectively clean jeans and heavy articles ( forget about bedding). All wash loads had to be split in order to dry effectively.

In our old Class A, I didn't have the room for stackable- if I did, I would have switched them out. With our Voltage, we do not have any washer/dryer...still figuring out if we want them.

We are not full timers, so that makes a difference.
2015 Polaris Ranger 900 EPS
Aztex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:52 PM   #7

Texas
Wow now I am even more confused lol. I do think I want the separate washer an dryer instead of just 1. I did look at camping world too. I was thinking that if I got the combo it wouldn't take up the whole pantry.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:44 PM   #8

California
I have a stacked unit in my Teton & combo unit in my Voltage. Got the stack unit from Sears at one of there outlet stores. If I would have the room that's what I would go with. Combo is okay and I did get it online with free shipping.
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:56 PM   #9

Florida
I have seen the same model combo unit that camping world carries at lowe's for $175 less than CW.
The problem solver: 2017 Tiffin Breeze 32BR
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 11:38 PM   #10

Arizona
FWIW

I had a non-vented combo unit in a fifth wheel I used to own. Worst experience ever. First, they take up valuable floor space. Second they use valuable water. Third, that used water has to go some where.

If you have a washer drier combo of any sort you are probably in a park somewhere with hook ups.

Why not just take your laundry to the facility and throw some quarters in the machines?

If you do decide to get a washer and drier. Make sure you get a stackable set. And that it is vented.

JMO
Arlan
arlan in arizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 12:54 AM   #11

Nevada
I think you have strong point. Just more weight.
Soccerloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 02:57 AM   #12

Louisiana
I went with the non vented combo from LG. I'm extremely happy with it. It might not be the quickest (about 3 or so hours to wash and dry) but I went with the 4.3cu ft. so I have never had an issue with space. Feels like my high efficiency set I had before I went full time in the rv. Never an issue with bedding. I picked this one up special order from lowes. They do run specials on them around holidays. I think I got it for around $1500.

LG WM3997HWA: Front Load Washer Dryer Combo | LG USA
wildct88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 01:13 PM   #13

Louisiana
*I'm going to post this without the link*

I went with the LG combo washer and dryer. I've been very happy with this decision. It takes about 3 hours per load to wash and dry. But I went with the 4.3 cu model and have never had an issue with enough capacity. Its about the same size as a normal high efficiency washer you have at home. Everything comes out smelling fresh. Even sheets and bedding. I can post a picture if someone is interested. Picked it up at Lowes. Had to special order it.
Old 04-17-2015, 01:51 PM   #14

Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildct88 View Post
*I'm going to post this without the link*

I went with the LG combo washer and dryer. I've been very happy with this decision. It takes about 3 hours per load to wash and dry. But I went with the 4.3 cu model and have never had an issue with enough capacity. Its about the same size as a normal high efficiency washer you have at home. Everything comes out smelling fresh. Even sheets and bedding. I can post a picture if someone is interested. Picked it up at Lowes. Had to special order it.
What TH model do you have? I have a 3950 where the combo would need to be crammed into a cabinet. Burious of your dimensions.

Cale

TH: 2014 Voltage 3950, Sailun S637 all around
calewjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 09:18 PM   #15

Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by calewjohnson View Post
What TH model do you have? I have a 3950 where the combo would need to be crammed into a cabinet. Burious of your dimensions.
Cale
I guess I should have added that. I have the V3305. So mine is located in the garage. Pretty sure this one wouldent fit in tight areas. Without the pedistal it measures

28in wide, 29in deep, and 39in high.
Old 05-10-2015, 04:42 PM   #16

Texas
I have the small LG in the bedroom closet of my 3990 and it works great. We are full time, and the parks with laundry rooms are too crowded for us. I wanted a vented unit but I didn't want to deal with the mods required, nor could I put the unit in the garage as that is full with a RZR and two dirt bikes on the weekends. Being a mechanic I was worried about a combo getting my clothes clean. The LG was the only one with good reviews and I must say it is everything it should be. Pretty expensive and you have to take the interior door trims off to get it in, but well worth the costs.
SpeedyWs6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 06:18 PM   #17

Texas
We have a 3985 an the washer dryer will go in the pantry .which takes away a lot of of storage. How is storage from you full timers because we have been in ours full time now for a little over a month an storage is driving me crazy. Any help
Old 05-11-2015, 12:44 PM   #18

Maryland
Quote:
We have a 3985 an the washer dryer will go in the pantry .which takes away a lot of of storage. How is storage from you full timers because we have been in ours full time now for a little over a month an storage is driving me crazy. Any help
We have a 3950, the wife initially wanted a combo unit in the cabinet. After I disassembled and prepped the area, she changed her mind....it is now the second pantry. It does have a plastic bottom and a drain for things that spill now. 😁

Cale
calewjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 01:04 PM   #19

Illinois
Went with the Splendide combo, vented in my 3990. Works okay. 3 hours plus to do a load of two jeans, T shirts, socks, and underwear. Probably won't use it much as with two people it would be running all the time. Despite the loss of space, nice to have just in case. Bought it when they had a large sale on them at CW for less than a grand, then I think $125 for the install.
2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 06:36 PM   #20

Texas
Quote:
Wow now I am even more confused lol. I do think I want the separate washer an dryer instead of just 1. I did look at camping world too. I was thinking that if I got the combo it wouldn't take up the whole pantry.
Well several months later....
We just got the washer dryer stacked. The issue that we are having now is the dryer hose. There isn't enough room behind the dryer an the wall to connect. So I have been looking all over the Internet to see if they make something different. It's just the washer is on bottom an it fits great. The dryer vent that leads to outside is behind it as well. So once you put dryer in an hook up the hose from below the washer an slide the dryer back it hangs out to far so the door of the pantry will not close. If you push it back anyway it smashes the round vent hose.

Tags
dryer, washer