Voltage water leak - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2014, 02:40 AM   #21

Kansas
Now that is a good idea. I was thinking that the connection needed something like this.First time I hooked it up I thought why don't they have a 90' on this.Going to learn alot!

Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:52 AM   #22

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
Maybe the moderators can get this thread back on track. I'm more interested in the water leak getting repaired and less interested in the last few posts.
I agree, please stay on the topic. If you want to start another thread on fuel or performance please do.

Old 02-19-2014, 01:01 PM   #23

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
Now that is a good idea. I was thinking that the connection needed something like this.First time I hooked it up I thought why don't they have a 90' on this.Going to learn alot!
Take a look in your Wal*Mart before you head to the dealer for accessories. The larger Wal*Marts usually have a good line of RV proucts.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:24 PM   #24

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by arlan in arizona View Post
Plankton.

Not a huge deal on going off topic. I think almost all of us has done it at one time or another. Actually, I joined it on it also. And, it would be cool to see a fuel mileage thread started up on this site. Go for it.

Back on topic. I believe when you remove the panel and expose the plumbing you with find a loose PEX water line nut. Half of mine were loose. Hand tightening should take care of your problem. If I were you I would pick up one of these 45 degree angle adaptors at any RV supply, most hardware stores or AMAZON. I live in a little hick town and AMAZON get most of my $$$$$$ This one is a Camco product, and about seven dollars the RV supply.

It will take allot of the stress out of the hose connection. Especially if you use a heavy duty water hose. The bend is just to extreme for my liking.

I have the same 90 in mine along with a regulator I use at the city water connection. Also got them from Amazon

Richard in TX
firestone bags with AirRide wireless auto level Curt Q20 on R5 rails
Jbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:41 PM   #25

Kansas
Now can I get to those connections from the panel or do I come thru storage compartment?
Old 02-19-2014, 05:44 PM   #26

Kansas
The reason I ask is its still in Scottsdale at a horse show and I want to have my ducks in a row when it gets home to K.C.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:18 PM   #27

Texas
You access by removing the panel on the right side of your storage area.

I ended up going with a 45 degree connector with a shutoff for freshwater instead of the 90 degree. I bought mine at Lowes. I like it because I leave it connected to the trailer and the shutoff allows me to close off the fresh water connection.
soonernation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 10:24 PM   #28

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
Now can I get to those connections from the panel or do I come thru storage compartment?
The storage compartment. Mine is like two pieces. A large piece and a smaller piece with an aluminum strip covering the joint. It is really easy to do. The worst part will be what you will see behind the panel. Spaghetti wire and hose madness but that's just the way these things are. The panel will be on the right side of the storage compartment. Just to the left of you water hook up. Should be a piece of cake.

arlan in arizona is offline   Reply With Quote