Voltage Level Up 6 way Level System - Dutchmen Owners

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2014, 06:52 PM   #1

Pennsylvania
Voltage Level Up 6 way Level System

Hi,
I have a 2014 3905 Voltage with the 6 way level systems, According to the directions when you finish camping and are ready to hook back up, you simply press the left and right buttons and the unit will raise up to where it was dropped off,

ok... but what about the other 4 jacks that are still down? I mean if the front starts to rise up wont it put stress on the other 4 jacks that are already down?

Maybe a silly question but I have already had a problem with leveling this coach and the unit slid of the landing blocks and bent one of the front landing gear legs and 2 of the rear jack legs. It is being repaired now. I just keep playing this video over and over again trying to figure out what I did wrong. My dealer said the ground was unstable, but the ground was frozen and I used 10X10 squares 3 inches think to put the landing gear on to prevent it from sinking.

Anyway I'm just a bit gun shy about getting the coach back and trying again to level it or hook back up.

Thanks for any suggestions and or comments.

Mike

realniceguy5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:38 PM   #2

Oklahoma
Before you return to the original drop off position you'll want to retract the rear and middle jacks.

Scroll down until you see 'Retract Rear'. Let them retract and then hit the left and right buttons to bring the front back to the drop off position.

If the ground doesn't look level use chock blocks. Some owners automatically use them whereas I get a feel of the ground. If it looks good I'll release the pin, if not, then I'll chock the wheels on both sides.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:50 PM   #3

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
If the ground doesn't look level use chock blocks. Some owners automatically use them whereas I get a feel of the ground. If it looks good I'll release the pin, if not, then I'll chock the wheels on both sides.
Always use wheel chocks. Always! Read this…………..Accident Avoidance

I have felt my trailer move (a small amount) on level ground. Nothing like what happened to VoltageGuy
arlan in arizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:58 PM   #4

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by realniceguy5000 View Post
Hi,I have a 2014 3905 Voltage with the 6 way level systems, According to the directions when you finish camping and are ready to hook back up, you simply press the left and right buttons and the unit will raise up to where it was dropped off
Mike
Yep, that's what I do. I push the right and left together then hook up, scroll to retract rear and if has been good. Wheel chocks come out after everything is finished and go in place before everything else is started. I have always just read and followed the instructions on the sticker below the jacks control. Maybe I am doing it wrong. I'm sure I will get told if I am.
arlan in arizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:04 PM   #5

Oklahoma
I forgot the part about setting the air brakes.......
Old 03-02-2014, 12:16 AM   #6

Pennsylvania
Thanks everyone, Seems to be a couple ways to do it. Sundancer 87 way makes sense to me, however the directions and arlan in Arizona say other wise. But I even remember at the dealer they said the same thing.

Also I noticed when trying to level the coach that one side of the coaches wheels came off the ground, I saw a video on youtube showing leveling the coach and the same thing happened. You guys ever see your wheels come off the ground? I'm thinking maybe this had something to do with my problem. Also it says in the directions about the spot being level, exactly how level should the site be? Most campsites I have been too are not level and I used to have to drive up on those plastic things with my old rig, I thought when looking at this coach that I would not have to do that any longer. Just not sure anymore...

Thanks, Mike
realniceguy5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:26 AM   #7

Oklahoma
I have one wheel off the ground now. It's the last axle on the left side. I've had this happen a few times and never gave it any thought.

Six point leveling to me is just that, I shouldn't have to carry anything more than some blocks to put under the pads. As long as the system is happy with itself and gives me the level signal I forget about it. I will say where I am currently the ground has been frozen, thawed, rained on and frozen again so I go out from time to time and relevel.

You'll get a feel for it with a little more experience and become comfortable with whichever process you use.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:37 AM   #8

Texas
Sundancer 87,
Im staying in a similar environment. Are you using auto-level to re-level vs manual mode to adjust for settling?
2 HDs & Can-Am Two up
nmroper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:47 PM   #9

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmroper View Post
Sundancer 87,
Im staying in a similar environment. Are you using auto-level to re-level vs manual mode to adjust for settling?

I do, the adjustment is so small I don't worry about retracting slides.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:09 PM   #10

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
I do, the adjustment is so small I don't worry about retracting slides.
I've not had the nerve to attempt an auto-level since i dont want to retract the slides and am very concerned with how the leveling system will react. According to monitor im currently showing -.01 side to side and -.05 front rear. Not sure how reliable these number are since a manual level validates the -.01 but adjusting front to rear to 0.0 has the nose noticeably down. I've been doing manual adjustments to get green light on controller, but im now getting concerned that im putting the frame in a bind since i dont believe i have the independ control over individuals jacks.

I think the OP makes a valid point regarding the operation of this system. I question how standard the systems are across different models and years. When i hooked up at dealer for the first time he gave me a set of hand written directions for retracting gear and told me to disregard the directions on the sticker located in the basement. Considering we were experiencing one of Denvers worst snow storms, i did not take time to question. IAW their directions when hooking up i first enter manual mode, press the retract switch then press the rear quad switch. Once all four rears are up i shut off retract switch. Now i control nose up and down with the retract and front quad switches while still in the manual mode. Also, it sounds like there may be differences in options available when scrolling thru the controller displays. I see the following when scrolling:

1. Not level jacks: Down
2. Battery 12.8 volts
3. Sise to Side -.01
4. Front to Rear -.05
5. Auto Retract enter to begin
6. Manual Mode Enter to begin

I've also attempted to attach a pic of my controller.

Does anyone with the 6 point Hyd system have anything different? Appreciate all inputs.

2 HDs & Can-Am Two up
nmroper is offline   Reply With Quote