Voltage Level Up 6 way Level System - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Toy Hauler
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2014, 02:19 AM   #21

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog80 View Post
and second you have have to manually raise the rear jacks (hydraulics dont have an auto retract rear setting) before pressing the left and right buttons to have it get back to hook up height.
I don't think so. With this in question, the last time I pressed my left and right buttons together I watched what happened. The rear jacks retracted as the front extended. I will check this again tomorrow just to make sure I am not blowing smoke.

arlan in arizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 02:22 AM   #22

Mississippi
Level-Up Calibration

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmroper View Post
I've not had the nerve to attempt an auto-level since i dont want to retract the slides and am very concerned with how the leveling system will react. According to monitor im currently showing -.01 side to side and -.05 front rear. Not sure how reliable these number are since a manual level validates the -.01 but adjusting front to rear to 0.0 has the nose noticeably down. I've been doing manual adjustments to get green light on controller, but im now getting concerned that im putting the frame in a bind since i dont believe i have the independ control over individuals jacks.

I think the OP makes a valid point regarding the operation of this system. I question how standard the systems are across different models and years. When i hooked up at dealer for the first time he gave me a set of hand written directions for retracting gear and told me to disregard the directions on the sticker located in the basement. Considering we were experiencing one of Denvers worst snow storms, i did not take time to question. IAW their directions when hooking up i first enter manual mode, press the retract switch then press the rear quad switch. Once all four rears are up i shut off retract switch. Now i control nose up and down with the retract and front quad switches while still in the manual mode. Also, it sounds like there may be differences in options available when scrolling thru the controller displays. I see the following when scrolling:

1. Not level jacks: Down
2. Battery 12.8 volts
3. Sise to Side -.01
4. Front to Rear -.05
5. Auto Retract enter to begin
6. Manual Mode Enter to begin

I've also attempted to attach a pic of my controller.

Does anyone with the 6 point Hyd system have anything different? Appreciate all inputs.
What I would do is calibrate level up system with 4' carpenters level, mine was off and found instructions on how to zero calibrate hydraulic level up. Very OCD so took a few times now the trailer panel matches the manual level, so I just chock wheels, lower front jacks, disconnect truck and hit auto-level, never used the return to hitch height feature, I just back my truck up and wife know's as I back up to raise front of camper where hitch is barely above fifth wheel plate.

lakebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 02:26 AM   #23

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakebuster View Post
never used the return to hitch height feature, I just back my truck up and wife know's as I back up to raise front of camper where hitch is barely above fifth wheel plate.
So after auto level, and hooking back up, do you retract the rear jacks?
Old 03-23-2014, 02:35 AM   #24

Idaho
Arlan I'd be interested in knowing if yours does. I can tell you with absolute certainty that my rear jacks do not raise on their own when I hit the auto return. Nor does any other 2014 (3 others) that I've checked.
Bulldog80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 02:39 AM   #25

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog80 View Post
Arlan I'd be interested in knowing if yours does. I can tell you with absolute certainty that my rear jacks do not raise on there own when I hit the auto return. Nor does any other 2014 (3 others) that I've checked.
I will check again tomorrow. You have me questioning myself right now.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:50 PM   #26

Arizona
I checked!

I just re-read your post. My rear jack to not retract fully, but the rear jacks retract and extend in conjunction with the front jacks when the left and right arrows are pushed.

After the unit was Auto Leveled I marked each cylinder shaft with a felt pen 2" below where the shaft enters the cylinder. I pushed the left and right arrows together. The front extended +4 1/4" while the middle extended +1 1/2" and the rear retracted -1".

I don't know why my trailer would be different than yours and some others, but the way it works seem correct.

I don't know what would happen it you manually leveled the trailer and pushed the left and right button. Probably what you are describing.

Anyway, I checked it. It works as I stated in previous posts.

After hooking up to the truck I still have to retract all the jacks of course.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:56 AM   #27

Idaho
Thanks for checking Arlan, very interesting. I guess I'm going to have yet another call into Lippert to find out why they all don't do that. Are yours hydraulic?
Old 03-24-2014, 04:43 AM   #28

Arizona
Yes, they are the hydraulic.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:02 PM   #29

Virginia
Question on the left/right. When pushing left, which legs move. My door side is is left on mine
Nevermind, switched inputs on the coils. Works correctly now.
Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 01:38 AM   #30

Pennsylvania
Thumbs up

Well when I started this post I didn't think it was going to be so popular. I hope all the information helps someone else from costing them 2g to fix. Tomorrow is the big day, heading out to the dealer to pickup the new rig.

I bought this at the Hershey RV show in Sept 2013 I think it was... I finally got the call it was in November 12th or so. Went down to check it out and have a walk through and sign all the paperwork. Bought that big Good Sam's warranty that the dealer was pushing. I still wonder why I got it and if it will even pay for anything...But that is another subject. Anyway I wanted them to deliver the rig to my house (which was already in the price of the rig.) but since they forgot to put on my slid toppers, I had to wait another month...Rig shows up in December, guy leaves ,30 minutes later or so the rig was broke, called dealer took another month for them to come back and get it. Well it is the end of March now and it is ready. I finally get to Tow it Yea... 4 months of paying for something I couldn't even play with... Oh well I hope I learned a lesson in all this mess...I can tell you one thing my wife isn't a happy camper she could only look at the outside when it was at our house, because the dealer said it was too unstable to go inside. Well tomorrow the bad luck ends and camping season is about to start...
First trip is in a couple weeks where we are heading up to Canada
Wish me luck...And Thanks Everyone for your reply's.
I really appreciate all the advice...
Thanks, Mike
realniceguy5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:18 PM   #31

Idaho
The good news is that once you start camping in it you'll love it. A lot of these PITA problems get put on the back burner of your mind. Try to relax and enjoy.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:27 AM   #32

Pennsylvania
Hi, Thought I'd give some feedback on the problem, Got the rig back on sat and went to level the thing again. Had my buddy help me this time. Almost the same thing happened. But I saved it this time

Well about half way through the leveling the low voltage light came on. It stopped doing anything. Fired up the generator. Pushed the auto level button again and it started leveling again, the drivers side tires came off the ground a bit,middle tire was the only one touching. the front started going up, then it happened started to slide just a bit, the message said out of stroke. I quickly lowered the front a bit, then brought the backs up enough to bring the tires back to the ground.

It's not level but stable. So the first time the driver for the rv place parked it a bit further down and to the right, so I'm sure now that is what happened is it was out of stroke and the passenger side pushed it off to the side a bit bending the leg.
Anyway, I'm having the pad leveled and stone put down. this should solve this problem.

Oh by the way I asked the dealer about leveling, they said bring up the rear jacks before you lower the front. Or after the rears are up you can use the return to drop off height.

Anyway all is good at least with the jacks, Thanks Mike

realniceguy5000 is offline   Reply With Quote