Voltage fresh water overflow - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2015, 02:57 PM   #1

British Columbia
Voltage fresh water overflow

I was heading home after a weekend dry camping, I had 1/3 fresh left.
as I was pulling out, I was stopped by another camper that informed me I left my antenna up.
I was on a little slope, and stopped fairly abrupt. When i got out of the truck and walked around to the camper, I noticed lots of water spilling out from the front stabilizers area and I couldn't pin point the exact location. I was holding up traffic and had to get moving.

Would this simply be an overflow spout? Where is it located?

Voltage3005

Larry710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:49 PM   #2

Arizona
Larry,

I have a 2015 3970 and mine did the same thing and I thought it was the fresh water also but the last time I used it a couple weeks ago I came to the conclusion that it is probably the gray tank so I will be dropping it off tomorrow at Camping World so they can take a look at it.

Chuck

InTheWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 04:08 PM   #3

Tennessee
Sounds like a leak, holding water in the underbelly. When you move it spills out. Hope not, but thats what it sounds like. Hopefully something simple. I had some loose fittings and others have had also. Good luck. Let us know what you find.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:16 PM   #4

Maryland
I had a similar problem, took me a few months to track it down...the culprit, one of the PEX fittings near my hot water tank. It was a persistent drip...which over a couple of weeks, it would allow water to pool in the belly. When we would hook up nose down, water would come out. I had checked the tank flush and all the other crap and finally found the damp line. I can find the post where I finally found it. There are some pics with it.

Check out post #14 (the last pic). That was the culprit for the water in my belly. I talked about it in the last post.

http://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums...pair-2571.html

Cale

TH: 2014 Voltage 3950, Sailun S637 all around
calewjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 01:06 AM   #5

British Columbia
i've tried to replicate this at home. filled the fresh water, and lowered the front stabilizers, waited two days looking for any drips...nothing.
filled the gray water and black, waited... nothing!

We are going to use it again this weekend, so I will be paying attention when using the pump/plumbing
Larry710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 02:16 AM   #6

Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry710 View Post
i've tried to replicate this at home. filled the fresh water, and lowered the front stabilizers, waited two days looking for any drips...nothing.
filled the gray water and black, waited... nothing!

We are going to use it again this weekend, so I will be paying attention when using the pump/plumbing

Keep your water heater in....there is pressure buildup in the lines which is where mine was slowly dripping. We had water buildup after about a week...

Cale
calewjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 11:45 PM   #7

California
I just peeled back the belly of my 3905 to put in electric shut off valves for the grey/black tanks and some water came out. We came home from a trip about two weeks ago in the pouring rain and parked it in the shop. Judging by the water stains on the belly, it looks it came from the front. At the front, where the belly is attached to the coach, there is no seal. So it appears rain water is entering from splash being kicked up by the tv. Looks like one more quality control issue! Hope this helps.

bennett is offline   Reply With Quote